JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Beretta M9 that I have had for about 4 years now. I did a complete disassembly before I took it to get cerakoted. When i re-assembled it everything was working great. But now once in a while when i pull the hammer back it does not catch. Any ideas of what the issue may be?

Do you have the sear spring in correctly? I believe the hammer release lever is elevated with this spring.

The hammer release lever is what the decocker lever on the slide pushes on to drop the hammer. It needs the sear springs energy to move to the up/return position. And allow the hammer to cock or stay cocked.

You can take off the slide and check the and see if the hammer release lever has spring tension on it.
You can also cock the hammer and push the hammer release lever and see if it drops the hammer then rebounds when you let off it.[Be sure to slow the hammer drop with your off hand or it may pinch your finger and or damage your frame].

Just a shot in the dark but wanted to give a response to your thread.

Good luck.

I was in the Army when they took away the 1911 and gave us the Beretta 9mm.

I know both guns very well. And the 1911 is a considerably more simple gun to work on.
And very reliable because of the single stack magazine.

1911's only carry 7-8 rounds. But what some people don't realize is with a staggered magazine the rounds roll across each other as they are elevated buy the spring and fed into the chamber. Any grit, dirt and especially sand can stop that rolling action and elevation process. Not so with a single stack magazine.

Today I still own two M9's. But I have four GI 1911 A1's. And a CZ CCO 1911 as well. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top