JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently Classic firearms and AIM surplus and a few other places have got their hands on bulk quantities of police trade in Beretta 81 pistols chambered in .32
I got one from classic and can attest to its excellence in both hand fit and controllability. It would truly make an excellent carry gun because you could easily get all 12 rounds off, rapid fire, on bad guys face at 7 yards while under stress, easily.

That being said I want to warn y'all that even after I paid classic the extra $25 for them to "hand select" me the cleanest of the clean, the gun came with not insignificant amounts of pitting and rust. I cleaned most of the rust up with a brass bore brush, some penetrating oil, and a thumbtack but personally the amount of rust on the pistol seemed pretty unacceptable, even by surplus industry standards. most of it was surface but some had made little craters and the ejector had a lot of rust hiding behind it which is basically inaccessible because its held in by a peended over pin.

To cut a long story short if you have been thinking about getting one of these #$!%ing get one while the gettins good but NOT from classic, go with AIM. from what I've read AIMs got higher quality control standards and may have even just outright bought a cleaner batch. IDK that's the word on the street. Only downside is classic is offering spare mags for a little extra while AIM is not and atm spare mags for these are very hard to find/expensive. Also .32 ammo is kinda expensive.

I've rarely been impressed by the condition of surplus stuff from Classic. Maybe it's my luck but more often than not, it tends to fall right on the line of tolerable and unacceptable cosmetically albeit functional. But occasionally I've gotten some good ones, as well.

I ordered one of these today from J&G Sales. Almost waited too long. Everyone who had been advertising them is now showing sold out.

-E-

I ordered and recieved an 81FS from Classic Firearms this year. When I field stripped it for a initial assessment, besides it being dusty, it cleaned up as nicely as my 84FS that I've had for years.

Haven't shot it yet but we'll see.