JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This happens every time someone gets shot LEGALLY. No one ever admits or believes there friend or family member is the bad guy. If they were innocent they wouldn't had broken into someones home. Plain and Simple! My girlfriend is friends with one of the guys friends that said he was a good guy and I had to explain to her "good guys" don't break into houses. And the story of who he "was" doesn't change the fact that he broke into the house and was a threat to the home owners.

OMG. :confused: Text book example of jumping to a conclusion. Prove you wrong???? How abouts proving the deceased was in the wrong first??? After all this isn't about you is it? :rolleyes:

"We can't know for sure until the DA or grand jury speaks" and yet you were able to jump to a conclusion previously. Hmmm. :confused: I am originally from Wyoming and I grew up with Coca's, Sanchez's, and Ramirez's. Should I automatically decide that if a crime is comitted it must be one of themand they were here illegally????

PLEASE back up your claim on illegals commiting the "vastly disproportionate level of crime in the USA".

Is this credible enough?
<broken link removed>

Im still new to Oregon, why doesn't the state do something about illegal immigrants? coming from minnesota, this state is like mexico. And there are alot of them that do not speak english. It is not that hard to understand the ways of getting citizenship and knowing the rules of it. dont you need to speak english. yet oregon has schools that speak spanish for the kids? What the heck is wrong with this state. hmm, why are the cartels coming here to grow weed? go to grand and burnside, or one block south Ankey, and go east 1 block. Ice could fill a bus a day and drive all the illegals looking for day work standing on the street every day and just send them back to mexico, with nothing, then it may take them a year or more to save up to try to come back. yet all state residents pay for their kids health and welfare. this state needs to grow some balls and stand up a bit. I don't mean to put any oregons down, but maybe you dont see it as clear as a new resident

Why don't you go ahead and explain to us that don't see it too clear?

Im still new to Oregon, why doesn't the state do something about illegal immigrants? coming from minnesota, this state is like mexico. And there are alot of them that do not speak english. It is not that hard to understand the ways of getting citizenship and knowing the rules of it. dont you need to speak english. yet oregon has schools that speak spanish for the kids? What the heck is wrong with this state. hmm, why are the cartels coming here to grow weed? go to grand and burnside, or one block south Ankey, and go east 1 block. Ice could fill a bus a day and drive all the illegals looking for day work standing on the street every day and just send them back to mexico, with nothing, then it may take them a year or more to save up to try to come back. yet all state residents pay for their kids health and welfare. this state needs to grow some balls and stand up a bit. I don't mean to put any oregons down, but maybe you dont see it as clear as a new resident

1. We are providing fair and appropriate educations to American citizens per the Constitution. You may not like it, but if they are born here they are American. (Note: There may be some Americans with deeper ancestral roots here than you that did not approve of the way your ancestors came here. I guess illegal immigrants are like fools, takes one to know one)

2. Do YOU know the "ways of getting citizenship" and the "rules of it"?

3. I find it ironic that the guy demanding proper English from immigrants can't use proper English writing conventions to save his life. (Hint: Proper nouns are capitalized, as are the first words of every sentence. No biggie, just stuff you learn in SECOND GRADE!)

p.s. This thread is about a guy who defended his home and himself from an unknown intruder. NOT how much your newly emigrated self disapproves of the state YOU just moved to. Perhaps take your own advice and "go back where you came from"?

The perps last name was Munoz, which is a fairly common Hispanic name.

His first and middle names were Shane Michael, which are not fairly common Hispanic names.

Just sayin'.................

I'm inclined to agree with either that theory, or there's some sort of Hispanic bias happening here. Why were the victims not interviewed? Why did we hear testimony of the "Friend"?

If I were either one of the victims, I would not be doing any interviews and an attorney would be doing all the talking for me until such time as the shooting was officially ruled as justifiable. Never pass up on a golden opportunity to keep your mouth shut, especially after you have shot and killed someone.

Theres a sign at a car audio place in killeen tx owned by a good friend of mines. It says "Attention burglars, if you cant run faster than 980ft/sec, then your head better be bulletproof." He aint kiddin either, he and his wife (secretary there) both pack 45 cals, and has 2 pistol grip shotguns (1 in her office) and one in the supply room or main desk in the sales area. Castle Law in Texas means just that.

I can't understand why there was an altercation involving all 3 people. If Perry was armed why did he get into a scuffle instead of showing Munoz the muzzle immediately? I'm not advocating opening fire indiscriminately, but going mano-a-mano with the perp is to allow him to contend with you for possession of the gun. I also see no reason to leave upon discovering the break-in for the safety of the burglar. Those who do that sort of thing have voluntarily relinquished any right to complain about any negative consequences of their actions. It seems like whenever some pustule invading someome else's home for the purpose of theft comes to harm there are people (usually his mom) who say what an upstanding individual he was. It's too bad Munoz was that short on good sense, but the result was his own fault. Guess he won't be repeating that mistake.

Blitz, every post you make further cements me to the position that anything you say must be wrong, and if I agree with it in any way, I'd best take a long, hard look at my feelings.

The homeowners in this case (Why in God's name did they print the victim's name and address?) were clearly within their rights absent some other facts.

Good judgement, from a defensive POV would have indeed have them stay in the car and call 911.

IF the intruder was armed and willing to shoot someone, the homeowners would have been at a distinct disadvantage. (COPS don't go into that situation without backup, and they have guns, tasers and body armor as well as FRIENDS WITH LONG GUNS.)

Yes, they should have stayed outside and waited for trained, armed and backed-up people. That's my best advice for staying alive. But they had no LEGAL OBLIGATION TO DO SO.

Absent some missing information, they seem well within their rights. sob stories about the intruder not withstanding.

Blitz, every post you make further cements me to the position that anything you say must be wrong, and if I agree with it in any way, I'd best take a long, hard look at my feelings.

The homeowners in this case (Why in God's name did they print the victim's name and address?) were clearly within their rights absent some other facts.

Good judgement, from a defensive POV would have indeed have them stay in the car and call 911.

IF the intruder was armed and willing to shoot someone, the homeowners would have been at a distinct disadvantage. (COPS don't go into that situation without backup, and they have guns, tasers and body armor as well as FRIENDS WITH LONG GUNS.)

Yes, they should have stayed outside and waited for trained, armed and backed-up people. That's my best advice for staying alive. But they had no LEGAL OBLIGATION TO DO SO.

Absent some missing information, they seem well within their rights. sob stories about the intruder not withstanding.

Yes, like the fact that the Consitution was written ONLY for the posterity of the Founders.. as written in the preamble to it...No doubt this fact greatly bothers you

Blitzkreig, racism is ugly.

Your first link, "The Color of Crime," doesn't even mention illegal aliens. Not once on the entire .pdf document. Or, in your mind, are "Hispanic" and "illegal" synonymous?

Your second link, "Immigrant Crime," holds that the foreign-born constitute 15.4% of the gen pop, but according to DHS make up either 20% or 22% of the incarcerated population. Is that your idea of an "overwhelming majority?"

What I see here is called confirmation bias, where you selectively filter what your hear and see to fit your prejudices. And it's ugly, as well as being patently false.
Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I see no other possible explanation for how the very links you submit so clearly refute your claim.

Crime and poverty are inextricably linked, and we can't honestly discuss one without talking about the other. That can't explain away the greater incidence of violent crime (both giving and getting) among black and brown Americans, but it sure applies a major correction to any sweeping generalities.

We could also correctly say that almost all violent crime is committed by young males, and therefore we should deport or preventatively incarcerate - you!! But that wouldn't be fair, would it - using discriminatory generalities to judge an individual.

Racism is ugly... yes to you, a brainwashed lemming. Ask me if I care about your opinion

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top