JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for sharing.

"...Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed;..."

How powerful is that? I doubt anyone here is even wanting to take it that far, i.e jets, naval warships, rocket launchers, bombs etc. but I'm sure we can all agree that standard infantry "arms" shouldn't be an issue.

A 'Well Regulated Militia' the Basis of Private Gun Ownership

I normally don't share links, but this is an extremely well written article on why the second amendment protects the individual right to own firearms.

It is good to reference if you ever end up debating an anti 2A portlander.

and the first thing any anti 2A person, especially a Portlander is going to say is.... Breitbart, a complete right wing racist media propaganda website, as an un-credible source. And quite frankly, despite the accuracy of any individual article... they are mostly right, Breitbarts factual reporting is highly subjective at times and should be avoided as any source for factual law such as constitutional law.
Breitbart - Media Bias/Fact Check

The British were marching on Concord to seize stands of small arms AND light field artillery. Four or maybe 6 pounders. I think the cannon were not mounted on carriages but do not hold me to it. No horses. Also lots of shot and powder. All of this is important for us to remember.

So what does this imply? Our framing fathers had just gotten through a truly nasty civil war as well as a War Of Independence. Both happened at the same time. Over 90% of the population just wanted to be left alone. It was very bad and bloody. Rebels vs. Crown Royalists. Americans.

The Minute Men were irregular light infantry. A non organized civil population army. The Second Amendment demands that the absolute right to keep and bear any firearm or man carried ordnance is not to be infringed. This includes TODAY anything you could carry or haul.

So what does this mean today? Anything you can carry on your person and are able to quickly grab, move, employ, emplace, relocate and shoot is protected by the Second Amendment. Anything. Very scary is it not? Infringed means what it means. Then and now. Awesome power.

1) I would suggest that at least We the Peons should be able to own any firearms the police use. Then there's no histrionics about artillery and nerve gas, and the applications are similar. WtP are confronting the same opposition the cops are and under different conditions from the military, i.e. criminal sociopaths not incoming strike Sukhois. (IMHO the Vz61 Skorpion Machine Pistol is the greatest gun ever made for family HD.)
2) If "assault weapons" are only good for killing lots of people quickly why do the cops need them? Is it their job to mow down the Drooling Masses with as much alacrity as possible?
3) The Fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.
4) The People ARE the Militia!
5) Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than survive to see defeat.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads