JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For trade is a custom Mauser in .257 Roberts. It was built by gunsmith Nick von Flue (now retired) on a 1936 small ring Mexican Mauser action. The Mexican mauser is one of the more petite '98 actions and is sought after. It has a very nicely figured walnut stock, hand made and hand checkered with a curved Niedner butt plate. The stock is slender and lively in the hands. It weighs in at just under 7 pounds with a 13.5" LOP. The barrel is a 21.5" Shilen match grade and the trigger is a Dayton Traister MK 2. It has a two position side-swing safety and a latch floor plate. The bolt cycles smoothly. Very nice deer rifle. Comes with Leupold bases. Also comes with RCBS .257 Rob dies and a small amount of once-fired .257 brass. Sling not included.

This rifle is unfired since being built. This is because I purchased it on the internet (based on looks, d'oh!) and it doesn't fit my 6"4" body. I need a longer stock.

Will Trade For: An intermediate caliber bolt action hunting rifle in .257, .260, 6.5x55, 7mm-08 etc. My ideal would be a Sako 85, a custom Mauser or something similar. This rifle was over $2k new. NOT interested in handguns, shotguns, benchrest or varmint guns, AR-15's, multiple-gun trades, collectable beanie babies, etc.

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.