JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1200
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
PORTLAND
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I offer for sale or trade.
A beautiful custom hunting rifle. Chambered in the excellent ,257 Roberts.
Built on a 1903 Springfield it has a 24-inch light sporter weight Douglas Barrell, and stocked in very colorful piece of what I think is Clario Walnut. Hand Checkered in a fleur-de-les.
It has an Aftermarket trigger and some Weaver scope basses professionally installed.
It comes with 60 Rounds of HM Factory 75 grain A-max varmint loads and 52 rounds of 117 grain Remington Core Lockt deer rounds.
I will be putting up pictures from my phone that will not do it Justice.
Hard to put a value on this but I will post 1200 as a refence. And If I can't come close to that I will mount a scope and just keep it.
Tempting Trade bait!
Quality Lever guns. From Winchester Marlin Savage Browning. No 88s Rossi or Henry.
1911s From Colt Springfield Ruger. No Kimbers RIA or Turk stuff.
Revolvers from Ruger Colt or S&W. BHPs. An SA-35 would be cool.
Bolt Guns, Especially FNs and Pre 64 Winchesters. I would love A Savage 99F in 300 Savage, or a Pre 64 Featherweight in .308 or 30,06. PM me if interested.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Built on a 1903 Springfield it has a 24-inch light sporter weight Douglas Barrell, and stocked in very colorful piece of what I think is Clario Walnut. Hand Checkered in a fleur-de-les.
It has an Aftermarket trigger and some Weaver scope basses professionally installed.
It comes with 60 Rounds of HM Factory 75 grain A-max varmint loads and 52 rounds of 117 grain Remington Core Lockt deer rounds.
Hard to put a value on this but I will post 1200 as a refence. And If I can't come close to that I will mount a scope and just keep it.
Tempting Trade bait!
Quality Lever guns. From Winchester Marlin Savage Browning. No 88s Rossi or Henry.
Bolt Guns, Especially FNs and Pre 64 Winchesters. I would love A Savage 99F in 300 Savage, or a Pre 64 Featherweight in .308 or 30,06. PM me if interested.

Which armory/company made your 1903 Springfield,
Springfield Armory
Rock Island Arsenal
Remington Arms Company
Smith Corona

and what is the serial number (approximately)?

Thanks,

Bruce

Last Edited:
It is I am pretty sure a Springfield. The S#191XXX built in 1905, Most likely a 30,03 when built.
I Am well aware of the low number Springfield saga and if that concern's you, I have fired this rifle many times. And the Smith that built it fired it many times with a 6.5 08 barrel on it. If it was a weak action, 118 years of shooting would have born that out by now.

Tempting Trade bait!
Here ya go:

Resized_Resized_20230903_120228(1).jpeg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.