JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use Honest Amish beard balm every couple days. Use Detroit beard oil about once a week. I wash my beard every other day.

Brush and comb for training it to grow a certain way. Beard balm to maintain good healthy hair follicles.

Washing too much robs your face of sebum.
My beard is pretty soft and not too unruly.

Whether this is what should be done I'm not sure. It works for me.

I tend to research too much so I bought that stuff based one what the internet told me I needed. I'm pretty sure my dads big badass beard grew just fine in the 70's without all that...

As long as your beard doesn't smell like an old sock or dirty/sweaty belly button in between washing every other day...

:D

If the interview is for a job in Portland wear the skinny/high water jeans, they dig those here. :rolleyes:

Never thunk about it. I've had a beard of one shape or another since 1973 when I got out of high school. I don't do a thing with it. Comb it sometimes. Let it get to looking like Uncle Si sometimes. What ever. When I've got it long during the holidays I get some stares from the kids.

I should have figured though that PDX would have shops JUST for beard maintenance supplies?

I don't really have the delicate figure for them jeans. It would look like an overstuffed sausage:eek:.

I've never given it much thought but now that I'm interviewing for different jobs I just figure I could use all the help I can find with first impressions, at least for the jobs I'm applying for.:rolleyes:

If I were interviewing for a bouncer position it wouldn't matter but I'm trying to get into a slightly higher pay range;)

Stole the wife's conditioner and conditioned my beard, left it wet and blowdried it while combing it then added some of the balm/wax and that really held up.

Made a Yuge difference in my cleanup;).

Thanks to all that added their tips and tricks :cool:

Now where is that Beard thread again....

Lol.

Speaking of sebum, I have old piercing holes in ears from when you could stick sharpies through them... that stuff and funk builds up in there and is gawd awful if I forget to clean it out in the shower.

Now where is that Beard thread again....

Lol.

Speaking of sebum, I have old piercing holes in ears from when you could stick sharpies through them... that stuff and funk builds up in there and is gawd awful if I forget to clean it out in the shower.
That is TOO MUCH INFORMATION! How gross! Yech urrpp
can't get that picture out of my mind, urrppppp! :eek:
LOL:rolleyes:

This reminds me of the "personal hygiene" block of instruction we (mostly a bunch of 17-19 year olds) received in Army basic training from Drill Sgt. Rogers (6'4" bubba from Alabama who we called "Sasquatch" behind his back, LOL) who had the habit of rolling his eyes upwards as he slowly closed them while talking... it went something like this:

LISTEN UP PRIVATES!! Personal hygiene is critical to the health and welfare of EVERY soldier, and it affects the readiness of your unit and it's ability to complete its mission! WASH YOUR NASTY A$$! I REPEAT.... WASH YOUR NASTY A$$!! Don't EVER make me have to tell you, it'll go REAL bad for you. WASH YOUR NASTY A$$!

:rolleyes:.... :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads