JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found these tracks in forest behind my cabin, maybe bear? They are about 6 to 8 inches long. Found the scat pile up on mtn behind cabin, bear scat?

20210904_083733.jpg
20210904_083724.jpg

20210904_084755.jpg

20210904_085217.jpg

20210904_095858.jpg

We have a resurgence in the grizzly population and it's highly frowned upon to hike alone around here. Most carry bear spray and have a 12 gauge with brenneke slugs at the campsite just in case. If a black bear attacks during the night it wants to eat you and it's a fight to the death... no spray!

Bear, and 9mm won't do anything (especially hollow points, you want penetration... not mushrooming). Your best bet is quality bear spray during the day. If a bear goes into your tent at night, skip the spray... it's trying to eat you. Grizzlies usually aren't predatory, black bears are on occasion.

I hike in grizzly territory weekly (on trails with little to no people anywhere near) and only carry spray typically. A 10mm or .44 sits next to me in the tent, though.

Better upgrade to a Model 20 while you can still get it with the STANDARD 15 round magazines. That extra millimeter in diameter with additional 65 grains of bullet weight should be a more effective bear "discourager". :s0155:

Or if you're going to stick with 9mm, fill a spare mag or two with either of these:

Or if you're going to stick with 9mm, fill a spare mag or two with either of these:

^^ 395 ft-lb energy and 1100 ft/s

Or...

704 ft-lb and 1200 ft/s with their hardcast 10mm... very easy choice.

9mm (including +P) isn't suitable for use against anything but two-legged predators and even fails at that on occasion.

Somebody's dog would be my guess. ?
Or one of my cats. Sometimes I am impressed on the amount of poo they can generate. This is especially true of our not very old cat that is skinny as a rail. He is on insulin and checked regularly, but is constantly eating - at least three times as much as the other cats. We cannot get him to put on weight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top