JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one know if someone makes a bear spray that is smaller than the 8oz gigantic bottles that are typical?

Carrying those around is burdensome and I'm usually carrying a 44mag or 480 Ruger on my hip. I'd like something 3-4oz or maybe pocket size.

I understand some of the reasoning behind the large bottles but just like a large CCW pistol, I'm likely to leave it in the car.

Thanks.

In this case, size does matter. Bear attacks are on the rise, especially here in MT. Smaller sprays would be about useless due to the very short distance they are effective. You would already be in the process of being mauled. Might as well not carry anything except hope.

And I would presume if they made a smaller one it would still go 30'. So your saying that's not possible? Not being snarky, just asking. I've not done any research in how defense spray works.

1653410505229.png

1653410558473.png

1653410615446.png

1653410724081.png

Aloha, Mark

And I would presume if they made a smaller one it would still go 30'. So your saying that's not possible? Not being snarky, just asking. I've not done any research in how defense spray works.
I've never seen one that did. The extra size also allows you to walk it onto the bears face at a distance without running out of spray. I generally don't worry about black bears unless they are used to being around people. They are pretty shy. Grizzlies are another matter and are responsible for most of the recent attacks. You would probably be fine unless you plan to visit griz country. Don't know about Oregon, but WA has plenty in the North Cascades.

I've seen lots of black bears in CA and OR and they always run away. I would much rather deter than kill. I respect the forest. I just like to be prepared for stuff and junk.

I forget the brand name but the ones I bought come with a holster. I considered a smaller one but a few of the articles I read recommended the large ones. The idea is that you want to fog the bear from as far away as possible, creating a big cloud. The little ones are only good for about one "cloud".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top