JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to my bank today to deposit $480 cash, the teller said I needed ID to show who I am........seriously! I've been banking there for 15+ years. Anyone else have this BS experience?

Yeah Modeler, it is Chase. I was a member of Washington Mutual before Chase bought it so never did change. I don't work at a company that has credit union privileges, is there one that is open to the general public?

Credit Unions

First one I checked online

OnPoint - Portland Teachers
https://www.onpointcu.com/about_onpoint/membership.html
Please note that you must be 18 years of age, and you must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien to open your account with us online.

I used to be a member here:
Rivermark - was Safeway NorWest, then Safeway NorthWest
Your membership is established by opening a savings account with as little as $5.

Yeah Modeler, it is Chase. I was a member of Washington Mutual before Chase bought it so never did change. I don't work at a company that has credit union privileges, is there one that is open to the general public?

Onpoint just requires that you purchase a share for $5 to join.

Chase----Checked with them to do a re-fi a few years ago. Their reply: "Chase does not do refi's
on manufactured homes--but we would be ALLOWED to continue making payments on our
current mortgage." We had a lot of stuff going on with Washington Mutual---down to one
account left at Chase, and it will be closed out in September.

"Cash" can also be in the form of a check. The merchant avoids the cc processing fee and is not burdened with the liability of security in getting the stuff safely out of the store and into the bank. IRS doesn't pop a flag and everybody's happy.
Maybe that's what was meant in the above; what I picture is stacks of 100's. It can be a pain in the caboose.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top