JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
160414flyer.jpg

Was that posted in a gun shop or what? Some of that is law like valid I.D. to get a BG check. New customers? I guess in the crazy world our govt. masters control, they feel there will be no new interest in firearms due to Holder's brainwashing techniques.

Reminds me of WWII enemy awareness propaganda posters/programs. Yet if you lay a bad one at their feet/upon a velvet pillow with twelve red flags from sunday, they'll just scratch their nuts and shrug.

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

This is some of what is listed under the "Military Surplus" list

Make bulk purchases of items to include:
Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
Meals Ready to Eat
Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
High capacity magazines
Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles

Guess I need to stock up on a few items I'm missing from the list!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I bought a truck a few years ago and put $7,000 down...in CASH!

The F & I guy had to have another come in and watch him count the $100 bills.

It was funny. In their mind, I was a drug dealer looking for a transport vehicle..........:)

Not really. I already have 2 Escalades on 22's for that jobo_O:D:confused::)

I bought a truck a few years ago and put $7,000 down...in CASH!

The F & I guy had to have another come in and watch him count the $100 bills.

It was funny. In their mind, I was a drug dealer looking for a transport vehicle..........:)

Not really. I already have 2 Escalades on 22's for that jobo_O:D:confused::)

When we sold my wife's car the buyer and I walked in to the CU with $13k in cash to have them count it. They weren't sure exactly what to do at first.

My dream is to someday buy a piece of property and walk into the closing with a big pile of cash. It's hilariouser that way :s0155:

I like paying cash too---but a big cash payment (or a bunch of little ones) gets you on the radar. Ever hear of a IRS form 8300? If you
pay a business over 10,000 in "related payments" over a year, they
report you to the IRS.

<broken link removed>

I pay cash or check for large sums (over several thousand) with a retailer if I really like them.

Why?

Because then they don't have to pay the credit card co. a percentage of that purchase.

E.G., when I bought a new motorcycle about 5 years ago - small local shop, nice owner, gave me good service. I asked whether he wanted a check or plastic and he preferred a check. For small business owners every penny counts.

I like paying cash too---but a big cash payment (or a bunch of little ones) gets you on the radar. Ever hear of a IRS form 8300? If you
pay a business over 10,000 in "related payments" over a year, they
report you to the IRS.

<broken link removed>
Money laundering and tax evasion is what they are trying to track. But yes, also money laundering by terrorists.

When my family was trying to sell our farm, one buyer just could never come up with the money (almost $2M) because their funds were coming from Europe and for some reason the US wouldn't let them transfer the money in. I don't know if that was just an excuse or what, but it sounded plausible. Eventually that sale fell through and we sold to someone else.

For personal private purchases I almost always deal in cash - I don't trust checks from people I don't know, and I don't expect them to trust me if they don't know me prior to the purchase. It isn't hard to get the cash, so I tend to use it. For some things I prefer a receipt.

Pretty much everything I've ever paid for has been in cash, to include every car I've ever bought, every gun (except those online- M.O.), from big to small to in between.... didn't realize it's that crazy? Aside from business purchases, and the purchase of my first home (mortgage, which I'll never do again, even if it means I have to save until I'm 60), I've never purchased anything over $10,000 from a business that needs to report, so I've never had to worry about the form.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top