JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple more super inexpensive choices are the Crosman Powermaster 760 or the Classic 2100. Both shoot BBs and pellets .177. You didn't say how buff she is. Both are pump guns, requiring a few tugs to get them pressurized. I had a 760 since the 1960s. Gave that to my boy in 2005 or so (still working just fine) and bought the 2100 to replace it. Of course we both have all variety of loud guns, but BB plinkers are a blast at any age.

Actually used both of mine indoors one winter, full length of a long basement with a homemade trap behind the target box.

The Classic 2100 had a little play in it, but I accurized that, and I can tell you how if you have one.

Last Edited:
I think I have the full gammot, Airsoft, CO2, Pump, and Springers, pistols and rifles.
All fun for winter garage shooting. I have a motorized shooting gallery for rim fire
a friend of mine made aluminum ducks for. Now it works great for pellet guns. :)
Anything you can do to keep your skills up.:D

Last Edited:

Red Ryder Model 1938

This is a nice 1938 replica rifle.

I used to shoot this on my former land @ home in farm/lake country. Boonies living.

I did not buy 2 BB guns (Above link.) until I had bought my other firearms. So I was in my late 40's to 50 years old when I purchased them.

I used to shoot it on paper targets and on a large metal coffee can so I could hear it clink. Safe distance away for bouncing bbs. My late husband made a paper target holder for me out of oak wood that I could fold up easily to store it in the garage or in a vehicle.

A close friend's grandchildren use the rifles now. I gave them the nice target holder to remember my late husband too.

I have thought of getting another rifle like the ones (ABOVE LINK.) that I had in the past too. Inexpensive shooting and fun times.

Back where I used to live...

Up at a well known conservation club with an indoor range closer to the lake, in another county and township, there were and still are many children and teenagers who shoot beautiful and fairly expensive air rifles in all brands. I do not remember seeing air handguns there. I got to see them shoot a few times as a guest at the club. They wanted me to join that club but I never did join. I was busy shooting at my own Sportsmen's Club - outdoor range and at an indoor range in 2 different counties.

Those children and teenagers were in competition around the country and perhaps made some foreign trips for the Junior Olympics or some other well known sporting group.

They were wonderful to watch, safe and talented shooters!

Cate

PS:

Walmart usually sells those classic, name brand, replica rifles posted above for several dollars to $10.00 less than SW, Cabelas, etc.

I bet they sell them at some of the stores in WA and OR (Bi Mart?) that are mentioned here at a cheaper cost too.

Walmart sells the DAISY BRAND round BBs in 2 sizes or they did in the past. One super large size sells at a reasonable cost.

They have instructions in the NIB rifle box, paper targets, safety instructions, etc. included in a package deal.

They tell the children or BUYER to use safety glasses, ear plugs for BBs (?) and to observe all gun safety rules.

Cate

I'm looking for a BB or Pellet gun to teach my granddaughter to shoot with. Not looking to spend to much, just want it to last awhile. Is Daisy or Crossman still the names to focus on for something like this?
Not sure what age but if not super young I would go with an airgun that is accurate. Tbh most airguns are inaccurate to very inaccurate which means that if the shooter does everything perfect the pellet/bb can be an inch (or more) off from shot-to-shot. Hard to learn anything that way imo. But if u have an easy to shoot airgun that is very accurate then any progress learning how to shoot well will show up immediately on the target.

If very young and just for fun/interest then maybe it's not as important. Also if really young then noise might be a bit scary for them from a pneumatic or co2 or pre-charged pneumatic (unless u are using something like a TKO brake on the barrel).

If not super young then I would get a crossman custom shop gun with lothar Walther barrel. It will last forever and she can use when older too. U can stack pellets in the same hole at 20 yards with it. Ultimate lower powered back yard pest gun if u can't shoot powder burners. U can also get a TKO lead dust collector to put on the barrel which makes it virtually silent. Also imo the $5 trigger shoe is worth the extra money but for tiny fingers dunno if it will help (probably will?).
66A509BA-D359-4C5B-B810-FC4B81979DF2.png
FYI here is a pic of the TKO lead dust collector. This is on a pre charged pneumatic pistol but looks almost identical to the crossman 2300/2400 ones.
8AB3434C-71A3-499B-80FC-57DB834A138E.jpeg

Last Edited:
Another thing u can do FYI for a target is make one out of duct seal. It's a putty that will catch and hold bbs or pellets. It's also silent in the sense that there is no hard backdrop. Or angled metal bb trap with front plate works too but duct seal means nothing bouncing around (as long as u hit the target ha ha!). I have never tried this with low powered BB guns though so maybe the bbs would bounce off of it? I think maybe low powered BB gun might bounce off of pretty much anything?

Last Edited:
That Duct Seal putty makes a great pellet and BB catcher.:)

One of these days I'll have to cut mine open and throw all of the
pellets into the pot to be recast as balls for my muzzle loader.:D

I'm still a fan of the Crosman 760 Pumpmaster. My first BB/Pellet gun, many years ago. Still have it and it still works great. Run about $30-$35, and, if I recall, they're available in pink, if that's important. I also like that you can vary the power, building up to more power as skills improve. Plus, having to pump the gun between shots makes you slow down and think about your next shot.

My kids and the grandkids all started out with the same raggedy Daisy Red Rider. Reactive targets kept them shooting: e.g., plastic toys that were going to get tossed, the bottom of coffee cans, etc. Regardless of their age, there was no consideration of moving up to a pellet rifle or .22lr until they could [1] recite the four safety rules on request, [2] practiced all four - especially when siblings and friends were around, and [3] were observed playing with toy guns with their fingers off the trigger until ready to 'shoot.' I'm still reviewing the safety rules when I take them shooting, but it's now more of an implementation process [where do we set up the targets, where might a ricochet go, show me the firearm is safe before we go down range, older grandkids making sure the younger ones are compliant, etc.]

I got lazy (and cheap).

Took a cardboard box and cut an old throw rug into the right size, it had a 'non-slip' pad underneath it so I cut that up too.

Layered them alternating between the 2. Catches .22 call pellets all day.

I just change out the target on front of the box when it's shot out.

When the box is shot out it still catches pellets. Amazon provides a new box and I just transfer the guts into the new box and repeat.

@DB is Here what direction did you go in??

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top