JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a BB or Pellet gun to teach my granddaughter to shoot with. Not looking to spend to much, just want it to last awhile. Is Daisy or Crossman still the names to focus on for something like this?

The Daisy Buck 105 is a starter BB rifle good for 5 and 6-year-olds. I'd consider the Marlin Cowboy Lever Action which is a step up in pressure but looks much like the Daisy 105 for kids a bit older. Lastly, Crossman 1077, a choice at many Boy Scout jamborees.

For very young? Yes, those ones us older guys had as kids. Not made anything like there were then but still work fine. Any shooting is good. When about 10 I already had a .22 but was only allowed out with it when with Father. Saved up and bought a BB gun. They had trouble getting me to come in to eat for weeks :) Next trip out with Dad I out shot him BADLY. After that I could take the .22 out on my own. Since ammo was out of my budget, still shot the crap out of that BB gun.
If she is not able to easily load the " Red Ryder" type there is a lot of nice CO2 ones to choose from too. They are great for in the house fun too when it's wet out. Not to mention many locations it actually illegal to shoot in your yard any more. Done in the house no one needs to know.

Yes, most city limits won't allow BB guns, paintball, or airsoft in the back yard.
Dang, I used to walk through my town with my .22 on my way to the river to whack crows. I was only stopped one time by the Cops, once they verified I had an open breach they sent me on my way and wished me well.

A BB gun?...o_O
Yep, shocked hell out of me. 20 + years ago kids used to shoot in our fenced back yard all the time. One day in the local rag I see article. Guy arrested for this. Was shooting at Starlings going after his fruit trees. Said air guns are a firearm by City law. So I took the the net and damned if they were not correct. I had years before seen signs at my favorite range about them welcoming people who wanted to use air guns. At the time I thought who would go to a range for that? Well now I saw why. As time has gone on a LOT of local jurisdictions have joined this bandwagon. So I warn others before sending the kids to the back yard to shoot, check. If one of my neighbors had called Police when my kids were doing this? I am sure when LEO showed up at the door I would of said yes kids were back there with air guns. Unknown to me at the time I would have at best been schooled with a warning and at worst given a citation to show up in court for it.

more like 35...ya old fart. ;)

I started my daughter on an airsoft gun.

They are fairly cheap and you can do it safer with plastic BB's in the house or garage.

Taught her muzzle and general gun safety that way.

Made a basic pellet trap and made sure she had glasses on.

There is also a huge variety of guns in the airsoft world so you can have a larger variety to pick from.

We used to use styrofoam cups to shoot at (solo cups will bounce them back at you;)).

Wife and I have a couple gamo pistols and use a pellet catch trap for plinking so we can re-use them. Makes for a bit of fun on occasion. (That and archery or sling shots)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top