JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know many on this site have military training and probably most of this is second nature, but for me the concept of the different battle sight zeroing approaches needed some refreshing. My first AR15 I bought about 13 years ago consists of a Noveske mid recce 16" flat top upper and a Rock River lower. I still have this AR and it has mostly been shot with a red dot sight and cheap magpul buis's installed. Some time back I aquired a quality 6/3 marked carry handle sight in a trade. Fast forward to this week and I installed this on the Noveske flat top upper with the F marked pinned fs. Perfect match, but I realized my knowledge on how to properly zero this setup was lacking. After some weak google fu I stumbled on this site I will link. It explains the different battle sight options and how to execute them. It Also breaks down how each compenent substends with different barrel lengths. I and going to use the revised improved battle sight zero. I found this link very informative and hope it will help others. Happy shooting!

AR-15 — Methods For Zeroing A2 Type Sights

The varying distances between front and rear sights from carbine length, mid-length, and rifle length gas systems will require different BSZ procedures as the line of sight and bore sight intersection will be different.
What he said, plus with more fancy words.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top