Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Battle of the Nations

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZigZagZeke, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Battle of the Nations is a European martial arts tournament where combatants use swords, pole axes, maces, and armor in team competition. Tournament Productions is a group of people I've been associated with over the years and they are now into BotN. Here's a regional final between the Russian and French 4on4 teams. Yes, those are real steel swords and maces, and the armor weighs about 75 pounds:

[video=youtube;QLDpVCw3P78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=QLDpVCw3P78[/video]

2. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

The French actually won?

3. ZigZagZeke

No, the french were in blue.

4. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

Anyone ever get seriously hurt? Any edges on the blades?
    Btw, :15...Owned

5. ZigZagZeke

I have heard that they had one spinal injury last year. Our bunch has been doing this kind of thing one-on-one for many years and we've had broken noses and fingers. I think we had a broken arm once, but nothing serious. There was a guy who tried to demonstrate that he could do a somersault in full armor, but he forgot to take off his spurs. He wasn't sitting down for a while.

The edges are tapered, but not sharp. We do have to punch the dents out of the helmets between bouts.