JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Battle of the Nations is a European martial arts tournament where combatants use swords, pole axes, maces, and armor in team competition. Tournament Productions is a group of people I've been associated with over the years and they are now into BotN. Here's a regional final between the Russian and French 4on4 teams. Yes, those are real steel swords and maces, and the armor weighs about 75 pounds:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever get seriously hurt? Any edges on the blades?
Btw, :15...Owned

I have heard that they had one spinal injury last year. Our bunch has been doing this kind of thing one-on-one for many years and we've had broken noses and fingers. I think we had a broken arm once, but nothing serious. There was a guy who tried to demonstrate that he could do a somersault in full armor, but he forgot to take off his spurs. He wasn't sitting down for a while.

The edges are tapered, but not sharp. We do have to punch the dents out of the helmets between bouts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top