JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so i was looking at the HSGI battle belt setup, for SHTF or bug out or whatever you wanna call it. curious if anyone has tried this type of setup there are a bunch of manufacturers making them now. so, any reviews opinions etc...?

It is a good idea for extra storage, however; you are going to want to do the setup in conjunction with a carrier or vest (at the very least suspender system). The weight which is placed on the belt is too much for high mobility and quick movement. (depending on load)

On top of the mobility issue, you will feel it loading your hips, which might cause more issues for the user...

yeah a good plate carrier setup is on the "wish list" for sure but part of why i am considering the belt system is it reminds me of the setup i have for work (carpenter) i generally havent liked the nail bags with suspenders i have just a padded belt type deal last time i weighed it was around 11-12lbs granted i'm not running, jumping etc at work. thanks for the input though.

While Airsoft is no real, it does give you a chance to run around for a day or two with close to full weight gear. Sometimes even heavier than normal gear if you do it correctly.

It has been my experience that most chest rigs really don't work for longer than 2 or 3 hours. They pull forward, and wear you down.

I prefer a fighting load carrier with the magazines moved off center to either side. The idea is to keep the weight evenly distributed between your shoulders and hips, but mostly on your hips. It allows someone who might not be in the greatest shape to carry a good load for much longer time.

But that is just me...

Check out Hill People Gear. Good pro-2nd people with Made in the USA products. They are about to (or may just have) released their "prairie belt", which is their answer to the battle belt. I've used their gear for four seasons in Alaska and it holds up well.
My first experience with battle belts was in a Vickers urban rifle course. The guys using them swore by them and were generally guys who'd used the equipment for a living...

<broken link removed>

The above link is that belt that wear alot for work. It doesn't come with a belt (just the lightly padded molle portion) but I will second timac's suggestion on a cobra. A riggers belt works but the cobra is great. I'll typically have 4 M4 mags, 4 glock 19 mags, IFAC, Radio and utility pouch and it remains comfortable. I have a 32' waist and ordered an XL. The large would have worked but the XL wrapped almost completely around and gave me more work space.

After looking at all the options for battle belts listed so far I still think the Viking Brokos belt is probably the best battle belt for the buck. One advantage I see with the Brokos is that you can either run your cobra belt through your holster/mag pouch/whatever or hang those same items on the MOLLE. There seems to be a versativlity to the Brokos that other products lack but charge more for.

Check out Snake Eater Tactical in Oregon City - Local shop that makes tactical gear in house. I run one of Chris's (the owner) battle belts and have been very happy with it. It's extremely durable and has held up to some serious punishment in both a civilian and military context. I run one of his cobra buckle belts with the padded sleeve and it comfortably support all my 1st line gear.

I like the ATS, HSGI, SOC-C, and the TYR/Brokos belt, but I also like supporting local vendors so I went with Chris's stuff.

If you're interested in checking it out you can google his shop, he has a small website.

Edit: Here's a link Tactical Gear | Seven Seas Canvas

He seems to only have pictures of his first generation belt (he offers a few different models now) but it does have directions and contact info

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top