JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just realized that putting on my pants and a gun belt is just near impossible for me to do with any relative speed in the middle of the night so I've developed a duty belt system that should work just fine for me. Wondering if any of you have used anything similar.

I have my mossberg with shell carrier at ready for screams/yelling or a window crash, but for small bumps in the night I grab my handgun and my padded molle belt with batman action style buckle. regardless if i'm wearing shorts, just my boxers, or pajama pants, I got 2 extra mags, a universal holster to fit my pistol with a light, extra flashlight, a fixed blade, pepper spray, and a baton. it takes almost no extra thought to buckle it on with everything.

I was able to put on some m16 mag pouches, since I find it a very comfortable system to use on the range as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAsyTVoakkc
anyone seen the whole dvd video?

I just wear tac pants, tac vest, drop leg, AR with single point sling and a ballistic helmet to bed with me. LOL But seriously that is a great idea I never thought of

With children in the house, I do not keep any weapons out and available. I do however keep at least one pistol at all times in a gunvault, right beside my bed. i do not even have to get out of bed to open it. Also right there is an extreemly bright LED flashlight.

With children in the house, I do not keep any weapons out and available. I do however keep at least one pistol at all times in a gunvault, right beside my bed. i do not even have to get out of bed to open it. Also right there is an extreemly bright LED flashlight.

jmh119, thank you for pointing out a GLARING error in my bedside arsenal. :s0155: No really bright tac light! Note to self. Get another Surefire for the bedside. It's the little things that undo us at the worst possible moments.

Not a bad idea on the duty belt.... but if I am going to put something on with all those goodies in a hurry... Its going to have ballistic pannels! Get a vest - any vest better than no vest.... and sew/molle/ziptie that stuff to it!

Being a suburban deweller waking up from a deep sleep to a bump in the night. I am not going to gear up. Just grab my firearm with light attached to TCB. If it takes more than the 10+1 45 APC I have to deal with the issue then it's time to retreat to the choke point in my home and reload or get a back up firearm.

if you end up responding to a "bump in the night" with a full duty belt of ammo knives and other weapons and actually end up killing someone who is in your house the district attorney is going to eat you alive. best advice is to use a tactical shotgun with a light. load the first 2 or 3 rounds with birdshot and the rest as #4 buckshot, this will minimize collateral damage.

if you end up responding to a "bump in the night" with a full duty belt of ammo knives and other weapons and actually end up killing someone who is in your house the district attorney is going to eat you alive. best advice is to use a tactical shotgun with a light. load the first 2 or 3 rounds with birdshot and the rest as #4 buckshot, this will minimize collateral damage.

the tactical ninja in me talking is saying that the idea is supposed to be that you have your non-lethal options available first and if it comes to lethal you resort to lethal. of course this is all circumstantial. I have my belt, but its more or less for drills with my necessary mags and gear, but its there in the closet nonetheless. I also have a winchester defender next to the bed.

my house is almost impossible to maneuver quickly and safely. lots of long narrow corridors that shotgun would be hard press to make turns and corners in. its very much not an ideal place to go room from room to. the only advantage i have is i know the layout (clutter) in each room has

i like the idea, please dont get me wrong. having a less than lethal option is a huge benifit. I keep my duty belt handy if needed, but for home defense i stick with a pistol grip shotgun. the only issue is given our legal system sometimes being over prepared can hinder you in court.

ahem... in Oregon, if someone breaks into your house and you are home, it is already presumed the intruder intends you deadly harm, so all the gear you employ (or lack thereof) in said "threat neuturalization" is a moot point... your friendly local DA DOES NOT make law, they enforce it.

This leads to another point.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who sleeps without "night time garments".

I think wearing nothing but a duty belt and carrying a Mossberg 590 definitely puts the shock/surprise factor in my favor!

I long considered what kind of emergency quick-grab garment I could use to carry and conceal weapons and implements, but which would look innocent to bystanders. I finally got it: a plain-ol' Carhart insulated brown canvas vest. It throws on in a jiffy and does not need any securing or zipping. It looks totally innocent, yet it has two HUGE padded front pockets, big enough to hide a full-sized pistol, butt down and muzzle up. There is a small inside pocket for a hide-out pistol too. If I ever need to act with deadly force wearing it, in court I will just look like and ordinary citizen who went through an awful experience, not like a gun-crazy paramilitary eager for combat............................elsullo :s0131:

I long considered what kind of emergency quick-grab garment I could use to carry and conceal weapons and implements, but which would look innocent to bystanders. I finally got it: a plain-ol' Carhart insulated brown canvas vest. It throws on in a jiffy and does not need any securing or zipping. It looks totally innocent, yet it has two HUGE padded front pockets, big enough to hide a full-sized pistol, butt down and muzzle up. There is a small inside pocket for a hide-out pistol too. If I ever need to act with deadly force wearing it, in court I will just look like and ordinary citizen who went through an awful experience, not like a gun-crazy paramilitary eager for combat............................elsullo :s0131:

Elsullo, at work I wear a black Carhart vest just like the one you mentioned over my jacket during the cold weather... I got my sub-compact .45ACP in the inner pocket all day long, and nobody's the wiser! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top