Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

gun belt

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by kaybearheck, Jan 22, 2013.

1. kaybearheck

kaybearheck beaverton, oregon New Member

I have been looking at gun belts in the last few weeks and found a few that might work for me.I understand that you need a strong belt one that is made to carry a gun is their any brand that you prefer over anything else? I'm not picky on style a nice brown leather or black leather would work for me. thanks for any help.

2. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

mattdomes and (deleted member) like this.
  3. cascade_matt

cascade_matt Bend, OR New Member

I've been using a wilderness belt almost everyday and also through training classes. Never had a problem with it. Very rigid.

4. kaybearheck

sorry I'm a girl I'M 5 FT 11 and about 175 going to go to classes soon just got a kahr tp 45 so just trying to see whats out their in belts but thanks anyway

5. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

The Kydex-backed gun belts are great and they really work, but I object to their outrageous pricing. Like most gun-related accessories, they sell for double what they're worth. Sure, it's a niche item, but they're not all that rare, especially with so many CCW's out there these days.

I've been wearing suspenders (hidden under a shirt - I'm not quite that much of a geek) and an ordinary belt not cinched up so tight. Even a fullsize with extra mags carries effortlessly. The only downside is the major undressing procedure required whenever I have to drop trou.

6. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Mee2yoo and (deleted member) like this.
  7. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

with a crossbreed holster and a pro 1911 a woven belt works just fine never had any problem with drooping or anything.

8. ST Rider

ST Rider Hubbard, OR Member

Definitely worth getting a quality belt. No one wants to go around tugging up their pants all day. Try Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard: - Ted Blocker Holsters They have a nice showroom and I'm going on 5 years with my current belt from them, no sign of needing replacing any time soon.

9. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

Ted Blocker is the best bargain in this town. The geometry of a female's hips need to be taken into account when you consider holsters. Blocker makes some female specific holsters.

10. charros93

charros93 Puget Sound Active Member

I enjoy my Bladetech because its well made, good stitching, and it looks like a regular leather belt.

avw0stE.jpg

11. kaybearheck

thank you that is one of the brands I was looking at just did not know of anyone owning one.

12. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

Tucker gunleather in Houston, Texas is great! Amazing customer service and product.

13. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I have one from Gunners Alley. It was a decent price and has held up extremely well for several years now.
    Gunner's Alley Gun Belts
    I've also heard good reviews about "the belt man" but haven't used him before.
    Make sure you measure the belt loops on the smallest pants you'll be wearing. The "taller" the belt the more secure it'll be (resist twisting) but not all belt loops will accept 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" belts.

14. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

OEDub and (deleted member) like this.
  15. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Check this talented young ladies web page out. She is here in Portland, I first learned of her last year when she was featured in a USCCA magazine. Not sure if she does belts though.

Home

16. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

Beltman - horsehide. outstanding belt

17. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

18. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

There's a local outfit called Barsony Holsters & Belts right there in Beaverton and I have bought a couple top-notch magazine holders from them for a great price, check them out!

Barsony Holsters and Belts Home Page

19. Mee2yoo

Mee2yoo NW Portland New Member

I second the Bullhide Belts. I am very impressed with how they hold my gun/holster.

20. soyeah

soyeah WA New Member