JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took said class with Combat Absolute (Kyle Gentry) at the Double Tap range outside of Boise, ID. Excellent class: safe, informative and a number of training takeaways. Students ranged from one near beginner to a gent that had lots of experience but wanted to review the basics. This is a basic class but not for someone with limited firearms exposure and having just purchased an AR (IMO). I had previously taken one intermediate AR "gunfighter" class back in CA which focused on transitions to/from AR/gun, but very low time with the AR platform. My current gun is a 9mm CMMG SBR so was the only non-AR attendee. We sighted in at 50 yards (done go prone next to a 10" barrel AR with a muzzle brake), covered malfunctions/tactical reloads and then proceeded to a succession of drills all of which can easily be duplicated at home. One drill I really liked I call the 3/6/9 drill (forgot the real name); load three mags with the respective number of rounds. From low or high read engage three equidistant targets at speed (left to right or reverse), reload on empty after the three round mag and engage each target with two rounds, repeat with three rounds per target with the 9 round mag. This really focuses on several difference skills and can easily be set up. During one drill we were engaging steel at 75 yards; my classmates were shocked at how long it takes a subsonic 9mm bullet to reach out and touch someone at that distance versus their ARs.

Anyway, any day at the range is a good day.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews