Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bald Eagle in Beaverton.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CharlesAFerg, Mar 21, 2009.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

It's nest is supposedly Located just north of the Nike world campus. One of my associates even mentioned that the eagle was the subject of a local news story, rightfully so.

Beautiful.

2. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

eagles are making a very strong come back in our community. We see them non stop where we duck hunt

3. CharlesAFerg

They're quite a sight. I've never seen one before. Quite honestly, the last place that I had ever expected to see one was in Beaverton, relatively close to my neck of the woods. I was impressed, to say the least. Such majestic creatures they are, I couldn't believe my eyes!

4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

The Eagles are in this area already, this year. Marvelous sight.

Pops

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

We see them out here in NE PDX and over at our place near Camas all the time. Especially when crossing the 205 bridge. They are very beautiful. Here is a pic I took of one a couple years ago. :)

Eagle2006.jpg

6. jquirit

jquirit Forest Grove, OR Member

What a coincidence. I was talking with an ex-coworker today over lunch and he happened to mention his wife saw a bald eagle in their yard on Sunday morning. He lives out near North Plains. Glad to hear about these majestic birds are around.

7. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

I see them all the time when I am sailing the river. Especially up toward Ridgefiled There is a nest of two of them (or their was) wgere the Ridgefield channel empties into the Columbia. We;d see them every time we sailed in that area. There's quite a few out there these days. I used to have Coopers Hawks nesting on my property in Milwaukie, but they are gone now. They would swoop in and grap chickadees from my feeders!

8. DSbur

DSbur Vancouver WA Member

I have been flying a small classic aircraft here in Vancouver since 1995. I can't recall a year that I haven't seen many Bald Eagles over the Columbia river/Sauvie Island area, on up to Woodland WA.

9. CharlesAFerg

Beaverton, guys.
    I still think it's extraordinary, as I've never seen one before, especially close to my part of town.
    ..In the city.