JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, being Gluten intolerant at times royally sucks. However, one thing it has done is forced me to do a lot of my own cooking and baking. In the process of baking today...will up date as I finish the projects...first up:

When I bake cakes or brownies or cornbread, I use cup cake pans....for a single guy I some times more than I can eat in a week, so I freeze it. The smaller portions also help with not eating as much.

Double chocolate chip brownies, with white chocolate on top. For this batch, I used the Gluten Free Brownie mix from Bob's Red Mill. One thing about chocolate chips is that some of them are made with wheat products. I say this as a disclaimer because I usually have to use carob chips.

DSCF1081.jpg

These are corn bread biscuits. Came as a mix from Bob's Red Mill. Normally when I bake corn bread I use flax as a replacement for eggs. No real reason, other than to change things up. However, this time I used eggs. Wanted to see how the rise and moisture content would be different.

DSCF1083.jpg

Last Edited:
Blov, this particular batch is from a mix from Bobs Red Mill, so is my corn bread that is soon to be updated. But as part of the Brownie mix, it suggests to add chocolate chips and walnuts, but I can't eat walnuts, so I just added chocolate chips in their place.

Blov, No problem. Red Mill has a lot of good mixes....but I also try bread from time to time. My regular rice flour bread just does not turn out right. I have to add either yellow corn flour or blue corn flour, but those are all experiments. I have baked some cookies that had a pancake style bread with a fruit filling, blueberry, black berry, raspberry works well. Never had much success with strawberries. And, I have backed my own crackers. That took a while figure out. I finally had to do away with eggs(replaced with flax), replaced butter with olive oil. Had a sugar cookie recipe that changed the sugar from white refined sugar to light brown sugar, that was a surprisingly good change.

Now, don't get me wrong, no expert on baking....but not afraid to experiment with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top