JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,,

My old Daisy from about 35 years ago has been keeping my Mom entertained in her backyard for a while now. Recently, she has reported that the thing has finally stopped holding air and she wants a new rifle.

At 73 and a diminutive 5' 3", I feel that some of the standard and magnum pumps are really too much for her to handle. Based on the light force to cock (spec'ed at a tad over 10 pounds) and an OK 500fps, I recommended the Russian-made IZ-61. I do not have one myself, but the very few that have been reviewed by owners on the internet lead me to believe that this would be a good rifle for her to plink with.

Are there any actual owners here that have had experience with this particular rifle, good or bad that I can tell her about before she plunks her money down?

Keith

I have the IZH 46 target pistol and it is a quality piece. The 61 should be of similar quality. An alternative might be a PCP approach where no cocking is required - periodic refilling with a scuba tank and several have variable power settings. They come in several calibers with .177 and .22 the standards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top