JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was loading some soft-point bullets when I pulled one out that was formed backward. The base was open and the point was jacketed, it looks like the lead filled cup was reversed when it was formed. This is the first time I have seen this.

We were talking about bad factory ammo in another thread, and in that vein, I too had a bad bullet - the jacket had not been affixed properly and had it been fired, would have separated in the barrel .45ACP - Remington UMC). When these factories product 100k rounds an hour or more, there is bound to be a few bad eggs. Specific to Hornady, I have yet to get a bad bullet... YET. ;)

I just recently found two Nosler bullets, Custom Competition HPBT's, that were defective. They both looked like someone had dropped the lead in the jacket and then twisted the end closed like a hippie rolling a "doobie". This was the first instance of this happening to me in over 5 years of using the Nosler C/C's and they came from a box of 1,000. I can live with that kind of error factor. FWIW, the bullets will still load and fire, just may not fly real straight for a full 800 yards. I'll toss them in the bin I load out of when I'm building "golf ball killers";)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top