JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3 days. It is still up to the gun shop to determine if they want to transfer it while the check is still delayed.

"If the FFL has not received a final determination from the NICS after three business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL's discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must check "no resolution was provided within three business days" on line 21d of the ATF Form 4473."

<broken link removed>

Well my first move would be to contact the court and find out how to get the disposition for that pot case yourself. You can petition the court for that.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to speak with an attorney, or try to do the legal leg work yourself if you feel you can.

Since you have an Oregon permit, it's a renewal. Seems pretty odd that they'll not renew it because of stuff they initially approved of.. that happened in 1971.

I just went through something like this. I was delayed for 54 days, the initial notice was for 34. When I called to ask why there was a charge against me from 10 years ago and they did not know if it was a felony or misdemeanor. They told me if I had records it would speed up the process. I happen to have the resolution paperwork so I faxed it to them. Even after all that they told me they would still have to call and check with the DA there just to be sure. My question was: "If you were going to have to call and check anyway why didn't you just call." They delayed the whole process waiting for me to fax paperwork that they would not use to resolve the problem anyway.

Worst customer service I have ever paid taxes for in my life.

The court may not have that case readily at hand (in digital format). Call them and ask. Suggest they may find it on microfiche files from 1971. They should be able to find everything about the case rather quickly.

I would ask them to send you a copy and sent it to OSP (best to have a delivery address handy for OSP). May be the quickest way to resolve it. (It is rather ridiculous!)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top