JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of my hobbies other than guns is Photography. I thought I would share these Photos I took of a Bald Eagle while I was on vacation for new years. They were taken Near Tumalo State park on 12-31-13.

IMG_3700_zps0bb607d5.jpg IMG_3702_zps25d5e82a.jpg IMG_3704_zpsc5999233.jpg IMG_3706_zpsd031b73f.jpg IMG_3707_zps86ea65ea.jpg IMG_3708_zps09872233.jpg IMG_3709_zps18ca3bbb.jpg IMG_3710_zps32163f3f.jpg

Wow, nice photos, soooo what camera and lens were you using ? I am asking as I am partial to Canon and with a Canon lens. Thanks for sharing again well done...

I could have swore that was in Surfside north of Ocean Park. We worked there two years ago and saw a nesting pair of bald eagles on a dead tree identical to the one in the picture. We watched them with binoculars, simply amazing birds.

We have a few that live by Vancouver Lake and others along Salmon Creek. I keep looking for them everyday but don't always see them.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Twenty years ago I read a National Geographic article that stated that 90 % of the nations population would never see a Bald Eagle in the wild. What an incredible comeback these magnificent animals have made. Great pics...thanks for sharing!

Another (former) Cannon user, era 1969, a FT-QL 55mm 1.2 when most apetures were 1.4!

I did a Lot of Tri-X 400 ASA, that I pushed to 1200 ASA, for night shoots: using a pistol grip with shutter release.... That was in Viet Nam, My favorite memory of a shooting was on our maintainance landing pad (UH-1H) the crew was using the lights from a 3/4 ton truck, and it gave a very unusual view of the aircraft... I took a .25, .5 & a full second exposures, plus a manual 1.5 +/- second shot.... When blown to 8X10 size, you could see just a small amount of "wiggle" if you looked at the ends of the rotor blades....

but like most photographers, the most awesome shot never got taken: era 1994, on the Siuslaw River.... A Bald Eagle, in full descent, talons grabbing a Salmon for Dinner.... And the so Powerful first Flaps of its wings to carry of what must have been 7-8 pounds maybe more... Only Brain Film...

I have lots of photo's never snapped in my mind, many from that section of the Siuslaw...

a Full Moon, Rising, right ~out of~ The River..... Awesome, at 55 MPH, and only the Camera of my mind...

Thank you for your awesome photo shares... And bringing back Memories into this Ancient Finger pusher of a camera person....

philip

Twenty years ago I read a National Geographic article that stated that 90 % of the nations population would never see a Bald Eagle in the wild. What an incredible comeback these magnificent animals have made. Great pics...thanks for sharing!

You know, I kinda wish this was still the case. Couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of seeing my first Bald Eagle in the wild, the only problem is he chased off the gold eagles that hang around my property. Next time I saw them they were screeching up a storm, reclaiming their territory. Guess Baldy was just passing through.

You know, I kinda wish this was still the case. Couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of seeing my first Bald Eagle in the wild, the only problem is he chased off the gold eagles that hang around my property. Next time I saw them they were screeching up a storm, reclaiming their territory. Guess Baldy was just passing through.

I have a ton of golden eagles around where I live, I will have to get some pictures of them sometime.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top