JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Using a series of almost indecipherable pictographs, Ikea tells a guy they have a no-weapons policy and he'll have to leave his gun outside. Oh, did we mention the guy was a local chief of police and he was in uniform?
source: nbcwashington.com | "
Via Drew

"He says we have a no firearms policy, and you're either going to have to leave or you can lock your gun in the car," Goldberg said.

The store has signs posted on the front door that read "Weapons Free Environment."

Neither of those options seemed a good one to the officer.

I guess we need to help them with more pictographs for:

* Constitution free zone
* Self-defense free zone
* Criminals welcome!
* Shoppers more fearful of their law-abiding American brothers and sisters than they are of criminals -WELCOME!!!

The way the store is laid out you would never get out the door in a timely manner if something went wrong. I tried to run in and grab a couple things with the wife and if you don't follow the arrows on the floor it's easy to get turned around. A "Gun Free Zone" turns it into a potential nightmare shooting gallery for someone with evil intent. I carry everywhere and ask permission nowhere!
In case of emergency . . . . . . You fill in the blanks :s0104:

IKEA is a horrible company anyway and you should all be ashamed for having shopped there...

The CEO and CFO (the top two people, whatever the title) are married and their best friend is the company's attorney.

The company runs as a non-profit out of Switzerland and they take advantage of a lot of tax loopholes for the rich.

Most of this is from memory after doing thorough research, so all "facts" may be slightly off but that is the jist of it.

Look it up for yourself - no guns is the least of their irresponsibility.

Haha leos getting a taste of our
"as of late" medicine.

Banning trained law abiding citizens who choose to carry is just silly.. Just as silly as banning cops.. But at least they feel our pain now. Haha.

Fair is fair.

Leos are exempt from way too much.
Why should stores with anti firearms policies be any different for leos?

Well, Ikea is cheap sh*t anyway.
Actually purchased my old M44 in their parking lot haha.

Haha leos getting a taste of our
"as of late" medicine.

Banning trained law abiding citizens who choose to carry is just silly.. Just as silly as banning cops.. But at least they feel our pain now. Haha.

Fair is fair.

Leos are exempt from way too much.
Why should stores with anti firearms policies be any different for leos?

Well, Ikea is cheap sh*t anyway.
Actually purchased my old M44 in their parking lot haha.
+1

What is good for the goose is good for the gander - so to speak

I think that if there are "no guns" policies or laws, there should not be any exceptions for LEOs. This more than anything would get the point across.

I especially liked where he said he didn't think it was a good idea to leave his gun in the car - well, I don't think it is any more of a good idea for a civilian to leave their gun in their car either.:rolleyes:

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I'd much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6! Don't go there much but have never seen a no guns allowed at the Portland one by the airport.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Since I'd never even park in their parking lot, I'd never see the signs. Thanks to the OP for giving me another reason to spend my money elsewhere.

I got more important things to worry about then where or who's store I shop at. I carry a small pistol and I carry it anywhere I please. No one is ever going to know. No one is ever going to find out. Unless I take it out of my pocket in which case I really don't care. Cause I'll be needing to use it.

The sign is there so they can trespass a person for having a firearm on their property or property under their control. If they are never allowed to know I have a firearm on me then its just not a problem. They can blissfully go on their way as will I.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top