JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Besides firearms, my boys and I are motor heads, auto and flying machines, and have more than a few die cast classic cars and planes. I worked for a crop dusting outfit for 10 seasons and recently a couple more, and my boys were raised as airport bums, we've gone to many an airshow, carshow or swap meet. When we went to Bristol for NASCAR, we spent hours at the Tennessee Air Museum, home of the P-47 association. This is one of our display cases. Name ALL the planes shown and win a cheap sling. Common name vs numerical (i.e. Skymaster/Cessna 337) works. If you really know your stuff, name the Caped Crusader lookin guy, his rig' name , a Piper Aerostar, and get quick dissconnects too. Enjoy, PAX

DSCN0443_zpsbfc65a65.jpg

DSCN0441_zps32d9a2ff.jpg
DSCN0440_zpsf9ffaddb.jpg

DSCN0442_zps4b1b784c.jpg

DSCN0439_zpsc8038219.jpg

A6m, P40, b25, B25

wright flyer, ein decker, concorde, spirit of st louis, , electra, unknown metal model, Curtiss clipper H-18 I think, 707 or dc-8 can't tell, another unknown diecast metal model, Lockheed vega, dc3,

fw190d, mig3, f6f, F6f, ju87, sea fury, me109e, c47, p47, f4u, f6f, me109f or 109g,

A6m, p51d, DH98 Mosquito, Lancaster, p51 racer, b17, p40, p61

Devotine 520, f4f, hurricane, Spitfire (griffon variant), f6f, mosquito, p40, p38, me109e, mig3, f4u

If I used google fuu i'm sure i would get the two metal models, but i didn't feel like looking for them.

ohh, now that my browser showed bottom of the pic, it's a sikorsky 43 i think, not a curtiss clipper and small 737 or Mercure or something.

A6m, P40, b25, B25
Zero, Warhawk, Mitchell x2
wright flyer, ein decker, concorde, spirit of st louis, , electra, unknown metal model, Curtiss clipper H-18 I think, 707 or dc-8 can't tell, another unknown diecast metal model, Lockheed vega, dc3,
Bleriot IX and a Ryan on top of a Concorde. Wright Flyer. White Beechcraft 18 missing props. Looks like a silver Sikorsky S42 flying boat, with a 707 and 737 next to it. Space shuttle in back. Travel Air Model R (MYSTERY SHIP), yellow Waco-based(?) MAC TOOLS racer. LOCKHEED VEGA, Silver DC3.

fw190d, mig3, f6f, F6f, ju87, sea fury, me109e, c47, p47, f4u, f6f, me109f or 109g,
AVIATION BUFFS...THE PLANES ARE NAMED - Calguns.net
Fw-190 (CAN'T SEE IT BUT IT'S A RUSSIAN CAPTURE -- RED STAR). Hellcat. MiG-3. Another Hellcat in the back on top of a GRUMAN F3F-F (again too small me thinks). Late-mark Spitfire over a Stuka. Corsair over a Hellcat over Bf-109. Early-model Thunderbolt over a C-47.
A6m, p51d, DH98 Mosquito, Lancaster, p51 racer, b17, p40, p61
P-51D. Zero. MOSQUITO (can't see it that good). Lancaster. B17. Red and white Mustang-derived racer. Another Warhawk. Black Widow. WRIGHT FLYER HIDING UNDER TAIL
Devotine 520, f4f, hurricane, Spitfire (griffon variant), f6f, mosquito, p40, p38, me109e, mig3, f4u

If I used google fuu i'm sure i would get the two metal models, but i didn't feel like looking for them.

I got lost but veryclose. PAX

This is just what I have left. Easily as many have been built and crushed, blown up in crashes with toy soldiers, given away, or simply vanished while moving over the years....

They are for sale if anyone wants.

Kits1.JPG kits4.JPG kits5.JPG kits6.JPG kits7.JPG kits8.JPG kits9.JPG kits10.JPG kits11.JPG

This is just what I have left. Easily as many have been built and crushed, blown up in crashes with toy soldiers, given away, or simply vanished while moving over the years....

They are for sale if anyone wants.

View attachment 816154View attachment 816155View attachment 816156View attachment 816157View attachment 816158View attachment 816159View attachment 816160View attachment 816161View attachment 816162
This last photo ( with the Spitfire MK-22/24, what do you want for the whole lot?) Also, the Matchbox 1/72 Westland Lysander, and the 1/72 Storch?

Last Edited:
Moved up, although this one still feels like a kit that's been glued together by some kid!

View attachment 816180
Sweet. I'm on the hunt for a ship. I've had a '56 PA22, '63 182, and a '72 Rallye Minerva. I'm looking at a TriPacer and another Rallye. Both have the engines off. The Rallye is zero time on engine & prop. At our strip we had a J3, 135hp TriPacer, a '56 172, a '61(?) 210, and a Stearman (metalized, sprung steel gear, & a cowled 440 Wright). It was fast. You could hear the flyin wires sing. PAX

Last Edited:
In non stop meetings starting at 10, but let me get back to you tonight. I think i had a for sale ad for these a while ago, but that was for the whole lot. What specifically do you want? Just the Spit, the Storch and the Lysander?

This last photo ( with the Spitfire MK-22/24, what do you want for the whole lot? Also, the Matchbox 1/72 Westland Lysander, and the 1/72 Storch?

Besides firearms, my boys and I are motor heads, auto and flying machines, and have more than a few die cast classic cars and planes. I worked for a crop dusting outfit for 10 seasons and recently a couple more, and my boys were raised as airport bums, we've gone to many an airshow, carshow or swap meet. When we went to Bristol for NASCAR, we spent hours at the Tennessee Air Museum, home of the P-47 association. This is one of our display cases. Name ALL the planes shown and win a cheap sling. Common name vs numerical (i.e. Skymaster/Cessna 337) works. If you really know your stuff, name the Caped Crusader lookin guy, his rig' name , a Piper Aerostar, and get quick dissconnects too. Enjoy, PAX

View attachment 816023

View attachment 816024
View attachment 816025

View attachment 816026

View attachment 816027
All right then,i'll take a stab at this:

Top, A-6M Zero, P-40N ( or Q prototype) and a pair of B-25's!
Second photo: Wright Flyer, Beach 18. Boeing Racer, Pitts Special, DC-8 C-47/DC-3 Lockheed Vega, Sikorsky Flying boat, Boeing of some sort, too small to tell in the photo, I'm guessing 737
Next:
P-51D P-61, A6M Zero, DeHavland Mosquito, Another P-51, A VERY rare early P-40E southern Alaska campaign during WW-II, Lancaster Bomber and B-17G
Next down:
Yak-9, Spitfire Griffen PowerMK-21 (or later), F-4 Corsair ( not sure which variant), ME-109 "F", FW-190-8, F6 Wild Cat, JU-87 Stuka, P-47 Razerback, ( Cannot make out the red nose behind the P-47, so I will guess Jap. Riesen) Another F6 Wildcat, ME109 "E" and C-47
Next down:
Morane-Saulnier MS-406, Spitfire (MK-? Griffon power, Not sure the MK, need to see the underside of the wings and nose,) MIG-3, Hawker Hurricane, Mosquito, P-40, Pair of F-4 Corsairs, Another F-6 Wildcat, and a P-38!

And, the hero in the cape, I gotta guess, Errol Flynn!

Last Edited:
Aren't the 737s twinjets and not 4 engined jets? 727 is trijet, 747 is Jumbo with the hump, so that leaves a 707 type if a Boeing aircraft. If its not, then could be Douglas DC-8 early series?

Edit. Looks like its gotta be either 707 variant or DC-8 variant if American; since 737, 757, 767,777 are all twinjets.

Edit 2 if talking about the large silver quadjet airliner. If talking about the smaller craft, its likely one of those twinjets but didn't Airbus make some twinjets in the 70s-80s?

Last Edited:
Aren't the 737s twinjets and not 4 engined jets? 727 is trijet, 747 is Jumbo with the hump, so that leaves a 707 type if a Boeing aircraft. If its not, then could be Douglas DC-8 early series?

Edit. Looks like its gotta be either 707 variant or DC-8 variant if American; since 737, 757, 767,777 are all twinjets.
It's so small, and the photo isn't clear enough to tell, so,............ It's a twin, but,......is it Jet, or Prop? Jet would be very early 737, prop would be Lockheed or Convair, or possibly even Douglas!

It's so small, and the photo isn't clear enough to tell, so,............ It's a twin, but,......is it Jet, or Prop? Jet would be very early 737, prop would be Lockheed or Convair, or possibly even Douglas!
Talking about the tiny one then. I've not seen swept low wing, low twin engined prop liners :rolleyes: Straight wings, sure. Swept shoulder wings, sure... seems the MCD-80/90/95/ DC-9 twinjets had engines on the rear fuselage, so that leaves possibly early 737 or Airbus A300 series

Both ruskies on the stands are Mig-3s, one in summer one in winter cammo, a Yak 9 would have a chin radiator. That, or they are very bad crude models. The red nose is a crude model of a Me-109E, You can just barely make out a strut on the elevator and the narrow undercarriage with outward facing wheel. The french plane is a DE-520, a model of the actual aircraft , #6, in the French national air museum. a MS-406 had a stubby nose and a narrow chord vertical stab. There is no F4F widcat in there, just F6F hellcats.

:)

All right then,i'll take a stab at this:

Top, A-6M Zero, P-40N ( or Q prototype) and a pair of B-25's!
Second photo: Wright Flyer, Beach 18. Boeing Racer, Pitts Special, DC-8 C-47/DC-3 Lockheed Vega, Sikorsky Flying boat, Boeing of some sort, too small to tell in the photo, I'm guessing 737
Next:
P-51D P-61, A6M Zero, DeHavland Mosquito, Another P-51, A VERY rare early P-40E southern Alaska campaign during WW-II, Lancaster Bomber and B-17G
Next down:
Yak-9, Spitfire Griffen PowerMK-21 (or later), F-4 Corsair ( not sure which variant), ME-109 "F", FW-190-8, F6 Wild Cat, JU-87 Stuka, P-47 Razerback, ( Cannot make out the red nose behind the P-47, so I will guess Jap. Riesen) Another F6 Wildcat, ME109 "E" and C-47
Next down:
Morane-Saulnier MS-406, Spitfire (MK-? Griffon power, Not sure the MK, need to see the underside of the wings and nose,) MIG-3, Hawker Hurricane, Mosquito, P-40, Pair of F-4 Corsairs, Another F-6 Wildcat, and a P-38!

And, the hero in the cape, I gotta guess, Errol Flynn!

Both ruskies on the stands are Mig-3s, one in summer one in winter cammo, a Yak 9 would have a chin radiator. That, or they are very bad crude models. The red nose is a crude model of a Me-109E, You can just barely make out a strut on the elevator and the narrow undercarriage with outward facing wheel. The french plane is a DE-520, a model of the actual aircraft , #6, in the French national air museum. a MS-406 had a stubby nose and a narrow chord vertical stab. There is no F4F widcat in there, just F6F hellcats.

:)
He's talking about the Vought F4U Corsairs.

Edit. Too many US aircraft with F4 designations :s0112: Curtiss F4C biplane, Boeing F4B biplane, Grumman F4F Wildcat. Vought F4U Corsair, Douglas F4D Skyray, McDonnel Douglas F-4 Phantom...:s0112:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top