JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This suggestion has been implemented.
Reactions
Just reading the thread about NWFA ads being copied to Gunbroker and thinking this might be a way to protect members here. If a NWFA watermark was applied to every picture posted in the classifieds it would head a lot of this off.

I don't know involved it would be for a forum site but I know you can have it so that it only watermarks it when it's copied so it wouldn't show up in the classifieds here.

I don't know involved it would be for a forum site but I know you can have it so that it only watermarks it when it's copied so it wouldn't show up in the classifieds here.

Those edit on copy functions work via JavaScript executed during a copy or print screen. It's easily defeated by turning off JS, using a screen capture tool, or inspecting the webpage to view the image source URL and going directly to it for download.

Never put your faith in client side solutions. ;)

Those edit on copy functions work via JavaScript executed during a copy or print screen. It's easily defeated by turning off JS, using a screen capture tool, or inspecting the webpage to view the image source URL and going directly to it for download.

Never put your faith in client side solutions. ;)
I see, I haven't really looked into it. I just know that it's given me trouble when finding pictures for DnD.

Thieves are thieves, no matter the era. What formerly was the cover of darkness is now the anonymity of the internet. A member of the Colt forum just had his Combat Commander listed on GB by a scammer. It helps, when considering an online purchase, to copy and paste the image into a Google reverse image search. That will help you find the first appearance of the image in the web.

It helps, when considering an online purchase, to copy and paste the image into a Google reverse image search. That will help you find the first appearance of the image in the web.
Yep, this is always a good idea.

We sent out an alert announcing the addition of this "How do I avoid getting scammed?" help entry, but I'm posting it here too to encourage everyone to study it. Make sure your friends have done the same :s0155:

Some sellers insert a business card into the pic. It could be photoshopped out, but on an irregular background (jigsaw puzzle?) it would be much more difficult.
If there's any question, this is what I do.

Are the photos of the actual item? Photos should look like they were taken by the seller. If in doubt, request multiple photos with the member's Northwest Firearms username written on a piece of paper, the current date, and the item to verify the seller has the item in-hand.

Wayne Knight Laughing GIF

I wish :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews