JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here loads for the Austrian Steyr M95 Straight Pull rifle ?
Just got one, barrel and receiver have the same # and no S or H Stamp in the Barrel.
Might become just a wall ornament unless I find any 8x50r Ammo for it.
However I'm not sure yet if is a 8x50r or a 8x56r. Steyr_M95_1.jpg Steyr_M95_2.jpg

Steyr_M95_2.jpg

Without the "S" marking, it's probably an 8x50. I have a couple, heck of a gun in 8x56, kicks like a mule! Buffalo arms has brass and bullets, loaded ammo is non existant. I'll start reloading for it soon, the plan is to use 3031, start load will probably be 35 grains.

I have some vintage ammo for it, but I've been shooting some Privi ammo, actually it's a pretty acurate gun and I would not have any issues carrying it in the woods or using it as a truck gun.with it's short barrel it is LOUD, and has considerable muzzzle flash. I like it!

Yes, Coop44, I think is an 8x50, got a box of 8x56 ammo and will take it to the range to see if the Bolt closes. In the process of trying to get 8x50 ammo but yes it's hard to find.
Reloading dies and cases are for sale at BuffaloArms but it won't be cheap to reload. It's a project but keeps me entertained.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top