JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a slight astigmatism in my eye so regular red dots don't work that great for me. I see that "burst" instead of a dot. My holosun 510c circle dot corrects that pretty damn well and my new swampfox kingslayer circle dot does a fair job of it also. Im on the hunt for an optic for my new canik elite combat and im thinking the holosun 507c is what I'm going to get. I see now they have the acss vulcan reticle and im intrigued. Now with a regular circle dot, there's something about that circle around that dot that helps correct the burst effect. Im wondering if a small chevron would also show up kinda distorted like a dot. The circle on the vulcan reticle is so big I don't even think the whole thing fits in the optic so I don't think it would help if the chevron does show up as a burst. Sorry for the long winded question but basically im wondering if anyone out there with an astigmatism has a sight like this or this exact sight and how does the chevron show up for you? Is it clear or does it have the burst effect like a regular dot does... if anything ill just get the green circle dot reticle but I like the chevron. Id just hate to buy it and it not be clear for me.

So I have a slight astigmatism in my eye so regular red dots don't work that great for me. I see that "burst" instead of a dot. My holosun 510c circle dot corrects that pretty damn well and my new swampfox kingslayer circle dot does a fair job of it also. Im on the hunt for an optic for my new canik elite combat and im thinking the holosun 507c is what I'm going to get. I see now they have the acss vulcan reticle and im intrigued. Now with a regular circle dot, there's something about that circle around that dot that helps correct the burst effect. Im wondering if a small chevron would also show up kinda distorted like a dot. The circle on the vulcan reticle is so big I don't even think the whole thing fits in the optic so I don't think it would help if the chevron does show up as a burst. Sorry for the long winded question but basically im wondering if anyone out there with an astigmatism has a sight like this or this exact sight and how does the chevron show up for you? Is it clear or does it have the burst effect like a regular dot does... if anything ill just get the green circle dot reticle but I like the chevron. Id just hate to buy it and it not be clear for me.
I think you're going to have to try before you buy. I've got the same problem, and I can see mostly fine on an aimpoint red dot, but the eotech is a mess. I ended up going with an ACOG for my main AR.

Do you wear glasses/contacts? I have astigmatism, also, and my red dot looks fine when I'm wearing my glasses, but looks like a little exploding star with a comet tail otherwise.

Do you wear glasses/contacts? I have astigmatism, also, and my red dot looks fine when I'm wearing my glasses, but looks like a little exploding star with a comet tail otherwise.
I have some but never wear them...maybe I should go get more contacts and try them out... either way I'm just curious if people with an astigmatism have the same issue with a chevron as a dot. I dont have an issue with a dot if its a circle dot, which I don't mind. I just want to try the chevron.

As mentioned earlier you may want to try one first. It seems to depend on how severe your astigmatism is. I can see a clear dot in some non-prism red-dot/holo sights. I have no issue with EoTech 512 and its siblings or with Aimpoint Pro and Trijicon ACOG. I can use the Sig Romeo 5 too. There is a tiny bit of flare but the dot is still round. Others see a big, misshapen blob.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews