Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Assault Rifle Found in Parolee’s Home

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kevatc, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I thought a felon in posession of a gun ... especially a heinous tool of mass murder like an AR 15, is illegal. I also thought that threatening people with a gun was illegal. If so, why didn't the laws on the books now prevent this? All I can figure is that we need more gun laws. Yes, that has to be the answer because the laws we already have obviously aren't preventing bad guys from getting guns.

Assault Rifle Found in Parolee's Home | KEZI

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I love what Mr. White said "It’s a great tool in the hands of law enforcement or the military or law-abiding citizens"

Thank You for making it clear to the public and media Mr. White.

rsmccsman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Isn't it interesting that a Eugene, OR police officer can state this but a 3 star general (McChrystal) has taken the position that regular folks can't????

4. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

So, the system worked? A criminal got an illegal firearm, a parole officer did her job, cops came and found the illegal firearm and confiscated it. Now they are investigating how he illegally obtained it. Seems like that is what is SUPPOSED to happen. Hopefully he didn't private purchase it from here but, remember, you can always run the nics check even on a private sale, CYA (cover your ***).

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  5. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

There is nothing in that article that would lead me to believe that he had possession of an assault rifle. It's another story of bad guys not following laws...He had a modern sporting rifle and should not have, but he didn't have a select fire assault rifle.

6. rsmccsman

rsmccsman Hillsboro Go Blazers!

If so, why didn't the laws on the books now prevent this? All I can figure is that we need more gun laws. Yes, that has to be the answer because the laws we already have obviously aren't preventing bad guys from getting guns.

In other words if what we are doing isn't working then we need to do more of the same right?:banghead: