JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking I want to add a BiPod to my AR with an 18" Barrel. It has a short rail on the front of the lower forearm so I was thinking of mounting it directly to the rail. Most BiPods (Harris, etc) mount on a swivel stud. What are the BEST options for mounting a BiPod? I am thinking of the Harris 6-9" with detent legs and swivel option and it will be used on a bench and prone target shooting. Other suggestions are welcome as I have not purchased anything at this point. Thanks.

Personally if all i was doing is bench I would go with the harris. YHM and other companies make rail adaptors that work with the harris or if you have standard handgaurds remove the rail. they make a stud that usually cost $10 that will install on your HG that will attach to a harris.

http://www.google.com/products?q=ar15+bipod+adaptor&hl=en

If I were going to use it for hunting a bipod can be a pain in the brush then you would want a quick disconnect like a GG&G, arms or larue .

Thanks, this gets me started. I like the idea of the QD so I can easily remove it for off hand shooting or for storage/transport. Do you think the swivel option on the Harris or other BiPod is worth the extra weight/cost/complexity?

Thanks, this gets me started. I like the idea of the QD so I can easily remove it for off hand shooting or for storage/transport. Do you think the swivel option on the Harris or other BiPod is worth the extra weight/cost/complexity?

Personally i don't like em its easy enough just to shift the rifle and bi pod together but some guys really like the being able to pivot so its just a personal preference. I use the non swivel one myself and have no interest in the swivel one.

If money is not an issues, ATLAS bipod.

Sure, get me all interested and then "Due to another contract order B&T Ind. LLC will temporarily cease taking civilian Atlas Bipod orders as of October 21, 2011. in an effort to fulfill our current contractual obligations. If you are LEO or Military, please send us a copy of your ID then call or email us so we can take order details. THIS IS FOR THE ATLAS BIPODS ONLY- no other products are affected by this temporary action. Please visit our Dealer Listing page for your Atlas bipod needs." Thanks! :)

It is priced a little high for me right now anyway. Maybe down the road sometime....sure looks trick though

I am a non swivel fan too. I am not a fan of the notch style either, I have one I bought without paying attention. It works ok but is not able to be adjusted like the standard legs.

Atlas :s0155:

DSCN0848.jpg

Wow I'm extremely jelly. Lol. How do you like the UBR and PRS? Right now I really like the look of an A2 stock, but those magpul ones look nice.

They are both great and both have their place. My target gun had the A2 for a while, then went to an ACE but when I added the can it moved too much weight forward and the PRS really helped to balance it.

The A2 is a great stock and I still have one on my A2. I have an A1 on my SP1, I have 2 of the CAA collapsible stocks which have been great on my shorty AR and my suppressed 9mm, and a standard M4 on my M4.

I am thinking I want to add a BiPod to my AR with an 18" Barrel. It has a short rail on the front of the lower forearm so I was thinking of mounting it directly to the rail. Most BiPods (Harris, etc) mount on a swivel stud. What are the BEST options for mounting a BiPod? I am thinking of the Harris 6-9" with detent legs and swivel option and it will be used on a bench and prone target shooting. Other suggestions are welcome as I have not purchased anything at this point. Thanks.

Several companies make a rail mount for the Harris bi-pod. The Harris BR-S model with a pod-lok should fit your budget, it's well made, heavy duty and works great from a bench or shooting prone.
paracord02.jpg

You can spend a lot more for the Atlas, GG&G and others that well be lighter and have additional features. These bi-pods really shine when you spend most of your time shooting from the probe position.
Atlas bi-pod used with a mono pod.
AR10noveske01.jpg

There are also several different GI bi-pods available. Most of these mount to the barrel and may effect accuracy.
PICT0033.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads