JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought we had a thread on this, but I can't seem to find it. Ok to merge if you do.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/14/this-is-the-the-us-armys-newest-pistol/

171128-a-xd724-082.jpg
U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Samantha Stoffregen, 101st Airborne Division
Nice timing on the photo too.

The Army has begun fielding the first Sig Sauer XM17 Modular Handgun System (MHS) sidearms.

In a first, the Army's new handgun will be issued to team leaders

These units are first on the list to get the Army's new Sig Sauer handgun

These are the soldiers who will get the Army's new handgun first

There was a lot of hate on the SIG when this was announced, but I think it's a solid firearm. My guess is it will serve well over time.

Honestly, we have so many good handgun options these days. I've shot FN, Glock, S&W, Beretta, H&K, SIG, & CZ and have had zero issues with any of them after thousands of rounds through each.

jeez, could the bore axis be any higher? oh it's a sig so no

View attachment 413608

Sig bore axis doesn't bother me on all-metal (heavier) guns. I found the 320 to be "snappier" due to Sig bore axis + Lightweight polymer frame. To me, no striker fired gun should have an excuse to have a high bore axis. No hammer strut or mainspring, no hammer travel.

Just a P250 without a hammer.

I am thinking that since the military's concern is ease in handling instead of marksmanship the next pistol should be in 22lr.

ive shot a p226 and p320. not a big fan of sigs due to bore axis. they feel top heavy. im sure theyre great guns and a lot of people like them!

no sigs for me
B663A337-37EF-4BEF-A4A2-6D6E5DC3EF49.png

:eek::rolleyes::D

ive shot a p226 and p320. not a big fan of sigs due to bore axis. they feel top heavy. im sure theyre great guns and a lot of people like them!

no sigs for me
View attachment 413648

:eek::rolleyes::D
And what really bugs me is in the movies they'll invariably be using a sig and not choke up on it so there's a 1" gap between the web of their hand and the tang. oof what a horrible noob (I mean operator)!
It's like they're using a trench firing armature on an 03A3 but with a pistol.

I can remember the day my unit was on detail, and we were dumping boxes of 1911 parts into the scrap bin...:confused:

The M9 was "it" weather we liked it or not...

10 years later, the major in charge fired my entire platoon; we were testing equipment for the dismounted space battle lab; breaking the junk the corporations were trying to sell the army. :D

We ruined his "revolving door"; out of the army and into the corporation.

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR