JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a neat little plastic retention holster off of Amazon a year ago for my Sig P365. I ended up really liking it and gave it 5 stars.

When I bought a new Gen 5 Glock G23, I wanted the same holster. I looked up the appropriate model and it said it fit all generations of Glock compact pistols (G19, G23, G32, etc).

I was skeptical since the new Gen 5 G23 has a much thicker slide than the Gen 4 G23 and Gen 5 G19 and asked the seller if they were sure it fit the new wider Gen 5 G23. They assured me it did. I didn't believe them, but, since I also had a Gen 5 G19 that needed another good holster, I ordered it anyway.

It arrived and didn't fit. Not even close. But, it fit my G19 perfectly. I left a review stating that the holster does not fit the new Gen 5 G23, included pics, and stated that the seller is either ignorant or lying about their product.

IMG_20201204_142341490.jpg

They sent me an email disputing my assertion, while using terminology that showed them to be ignorant of handguns...

Message from seller Holster Plus:

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on this G19 holster.
I'm sorry to see that you're having problem with the holster.
Yes, this holster fit all generations of G19/G23/G32/G45.
As you can see in the holster, there's a block located in the holster of the barrel part which you can put it out.
Have you tried that?
And according to what you said that you reached out to us, I checked the history and there's no record.
Please get in touch with us. We want to take care of it and make it right.
Just response this message if you see it, we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Johnny
Customer Service Team

The part they are referring to is in the trigger guard area and the holster comes with a part that adapts it to fit the earlier generation Glocks with different trigger guards.

Whatever. I replied with detailed photos of the differences in slide widths between the the Gen 5 G23 and Gen 5 G19, directed them to the Glock website that lists the slide widths, and asked them to change their description of the holster. I also contacted Amazon and disputed the description of the product.

We'll see what happens.

It's only a $20 holster and not a big deal; it works great for my G19. It just annoys me when people are not only ignorant of firearms and their product, but refuse to acknowledge that they are wrong and double-down on stupid.

Yes, probably too much effort over a stupid holster, but hopefully it prevents other new G23 owners from going through the hassle of ordering and returning a holster that won't work for them.

And the struggle continues...

Ordered a Bianchi leather holster for the G23 that also does not fit my pistol. But, I'm hopeful that I can get it to stretch enough for it to work.

Will try some mink oil or something similar, warming up the leather, putting the pistol in a plastic bag, and shoving it in the holster and letting it sit for a couple of days.

1anjV81MRQ-IZPBvlk9u5w.jpeg

And the struggle continues...

Ordered a Bianchi leather holster for the G23 that also does not fit my pistol. But, I'm hopeful that I can get it to stretch enough for it to work.

Will try some mink oil or something similar, warming up the leather, putting the pistol in a plastic bag, and shoving it in the holster and letting it sit for a couple of days.

View attachment 786943
I have a couple of Bianchi holsters and I'm very happy with them. Holsters made entirely of leather should fit very tightly at first. Your break in plan matches the recommendations from more than one holster maker, so I imagine you'll be happy with the result. I'm breaking in a new Falco right now using only the plastic bag. I expect it to take a couple of days.

Find a local hiolster maker and end your frusration wirh mail order companies. That's what I did.Who nees the grief?
Out here, nothing is local. Heck, nearest town is 35k people and there are 5 pot shops and not a single gun shop or place to buy ammo. No local gunsmiths, and certainly no local holster makers.

But it would be cool to have a custom rig.

I have a couple of Bianchi holsters and I'm very happy with them. Holsters made entirely of leather should fit very tightly at first. Your break in plan matches the recommendations from more than one holster maker, so I imagine you'll be happy with the result. I'm breaking in a new Falco right now using only the plastic bag. I expect it to take a couple of days.
Yeah, my other leather holsters are nice and tight when new and then break in. This one, you couldn't even get the gun in more than half-way. The G19 fit like a glove, since it was designed for the G19 and Gen 4 G23.

I ended up setting it on the fireplace for a bit, then oiling it up with some boot conditioner, then wrapped the pistol in a ziploc and shoved it in. I'll let it sit for a couple of days, but it looks like it will work just fine. :cool:

Yeah, my other leather holsters are nice and tight when new and then break in. This one, you couldn't even get the gun in more than half-way. The G19 fit like a glove, since it was designed for the G19 and Gen 4 G23.

I ended up setting it on the fireplace for a bit, then oiling it up with some boot conditioner, then wrapped the pistol in a ziploc and shoved it in. I'll let it sit for a couple of days, but it looks like it will work just fine. :cool:
Wrap it in plastic and shove it in, yeah I've done that one before.

The new leather holster fits like a glove now. I rubbed it with this awesome boot dressing that I found a few years ago and treat all of my leather boots with it. Invented by a woodland fire fighter in Idaho.

Holster is nice and slick inside but still retains the pistol perfectly. It's now useless for my G19, however.

_uN6OMGvSBaMt-QOfmdqLQ.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads