JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hundreds of thousands of mini 14 mags were hurriedly punched out in the 90s when the Clinton magazine ban was about to go into effect. So these would definitely be 'try before you rely'.

Hundreds of thousands of mini 14 mags were hurriedly punched out in the 90s when the Clinton magazine ban was about to go into effect. So these would definitely be 'try before you rely'.

Ahhhhh....the good old "USA" brand...:s0103:

I had half a dozen various ones in the late '90s....don't think any of 'em worked

Hard to say.....most were of dubious quality, with janky feed lips and spotwelds that would break.....you might try $10 each, maybe $15...its gonna be a crapshoot for someone if they work. But, with factory mags at what, $30-40? miht sell

Hard to say.....most were of dubious quality, with janky feed lips and spotwelds that would break.....you might try $10 each, maybe $15...its gonna be a crapshoot for someone if they work. But, with factory mags at what, $30-40? miht sell

Yep, non-Ruger Mini-14 were pretty much all crap, but given what is going on someone will buy them.

Indeed. Looks like Mini-14 magazines. If not Ruger factory, not worth a ton, imho. Ruger started selling 20 and 30 round magazines in 2005 after Bill Ruger passed on, so there isn't much reason to bother with aftermarket ones any more.

Bizarrely, the type of aftermarket magazine I found works flawlessly in our Mini is the steel (not plastic) 20-round Pro-Mags. They look and work very much like the factory 20 rounders. We've got like a dozen and zero complaints. YMMV.

Others aftermarket ones vary. The USA Magazines were, with few exception, complete and utter crap of the highest order. Come to think of it, they may actually be the worst aftermarket magazine manufacturer I recall from my life time, which is saying something. I vaguely recall their M1 Carbine and AK magazines were simply repackaged GI issue and Chinese, respectively, so those did work. Other than that, crapola. But I'm going from memory here.

I have double the amount of ar 15 mags. So if
Indeed. Looks like Mini-14 magazines. If not Ruger factory, not worth a ton, imho. Ruger started selling 20 and 30 round magazines in 2005 after Bill Ruger passed on, so there isn't much reason to bother with aftermarket ones any more.

Bizarrely, the type of aftermarket magazine I found works flawlessly in our Mini is the steel (not plastic) 20-round Pro-Mags. They look and work very much like the factory 20 rounders. We've got like a dozen and zero complaints. YMMV.

Others aftermarket ones vary. The USA Magazines were, with few exception, complete and utter crap of the highest order. Come to think of it, they may actually be the worst aftermarket magazine manufacturer I recall from my life time, which is saying something. I vaguely recall their M1 Carbine and AK magazines were simply repackaged GI issue and Chinese, respectively, so those did work. Other than that, crapola. But I'm going from memory here.
These are all steel

Ahhhhh....the good old "USA" brand...:s0103:

I had half a dozen various ones in the late '90s....don't think any of 'em worked
I had a few of them myself- terrible quality. A friend and I went in together and bought maybe a dozen of them. We sent half of them back because they were completely non-functional. What we got in return weren't much better. We fiddled and tinkered for quite some time and got most of them to work, but I would never rely on them beyond the shooting range.

I have to agree- that first magazine especially looks like the dreaded "USA" brand mag. They really are that bad.

Suggestion if you or a buddy have welding experience.

Cut the bottom off so the remainder of the magazine can be welded to a steel plate and you have a display stand. Bring it by when you are done and I can give them some color. ;) This will see your full investment returned.

1595384394874.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads