JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any Oregon or Washington programs that help a financially-strapped youth to get started hunting? I am curious to know if there is a program that will help a young boy or girl, from a low income family, with the costs of hunting. Such as; Hunter Safety, Lic & Tags, mentor-ship, shooting range practice, an actual hunt, meat processing and so forth. Rifle or Bow.

You get the idea, a 'turn-key' start to finish type of program where a family can not pay for all that, yet, the child shows an interest and desire to hunt. A program that helps to cultivate the next generation of hunters.

Bill

Hello Bill , if you find a program or know of a young person interested in hunting but dont know how or have the means to go about it please let me know . I have 40 years hunting exp, extra guns ,cots , ammo and time to teach . You have a great idea I hope it catches on and more hunters will teach and pass on whats becoming a lost art of hunting .

You could name it "The Ginny Burdick Shooting and Hunting Mentorship Program"

Seriously, that is a great idea! I'm going to check out what ARPC has to offer. They do have youth shooting opportunitys but for members only or for the general public I don't know. SRG

Okay, APRC offers community education, including;
1. Hunter Safety Courses
2. Small Bore and Trap Shooting classes

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class