JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been a fan of red dots for awhile now and I recently got my hands on an Eotech and love the reticle.

My question is are all of the optics pre-lawsuit garbage?

I hear the zero shift happens with a lot of optics and they were just in hot water because they didn't disclose it.

Battery life isn't great with them but I think it's a small price to pay especially with my 512 (aa batteries)

I've seen people talk about gas leaks too. My optic is 2 years old but barely fired.. should I expect a leak in the future?

If I decide to make this an optic on a duty weapon would it be too risky?

I have owned one and I did like it. I suspect the average user won't push one hard enough to notice any of the defects, I'm not sure though.

That being said I prefer Aimpoint. The PRO is excellent value.

I have three of them. All 512s. I love these sights and have had 2 of the three for several years. Here are some drawbacks I'm my opinion.
First, they do not have a shake awake feature, and battery life is pretty bad so leaving them on is not an option. Second, every time you want to shoot the rifle you have to find the button
( possibly in the dark if using it for work ) and then adjust the brightness, because they don't have a memory of the last setting.
I think the field of view and the precision of the dot are truly excellent withe the EoTech , but for speed in a life and death situation, I personally would consider some other military proven options , such as the 3 power Acog ( I prefer it to the 4 power) or the aimpoint pro. I have both and they are quite a bit faster, plus battery life is a non issue.
Jmo.

I own lots of dots except the MRO (its next). The quick adjustment/activation by cranking the top turret with gross motor skills and gloves on makes a lot of sense to me. The little buttons on the EO can take a second in those time is life moments.

I have run an EO hard for about 10 years and no issues other than the relative size and the aforementioned wee buttons up and down.

I have them on two AR's. The have worked great for many years. Yes there are better options out there at 2 or 3 times the price. I use mine for plinking and and they work fine for me.

Well so far I love this thing more than any other optic I've messed with based on target acquisition and it's use with a magnifier . I haven't had an actual aimpoint but be had Lots of different red dots. I'll report back if I have any negative findings. D29E755A-9FF0-4C8E-9BE5-74D0CA0F643C.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top