JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While spendy you could get a stock maker to make a rifle stock that has you shooting it right handed , but with the stock shape , allows you to aim with your left eye...
Or...
I am left handed but right eye dominant ...I learned to shoot right handed...
It took practice for sure ...but while I ain't Sgt. York , I do tend to hit , what I shoot at.
Andy

I have eye damage in my dominant right eye... vision sucks. I shoot action pistol and had to learn how to shoot left eye dominant... It actually wasn't hard.

But I'm never going to shoot rifle cross eye dominant... that would just be messed up!! Not one of those cross types...

Regarding the title of the thread... I've shot the bull, shot the breeze, but I've never shot no issues! ;)

I do the same. I shoot pistols and my bow right handed but my rifles left handed and run a right handed bolt rifle.

It's awkward, but I've always done it that way.
I use my right eye shooting right handed and my left eye shooting left handed.

Maybe I'm like Chuck Norris, but my eyes are dominant....

Actually I have terrible vision so maybe thats why it doesn't matter

Right handed, left eye dominant. Shot RE/RH until an action RO suggested I start shooting Lefty. A nice way of saying, "you suck." He was right, though - my accuracy went up tenfold. Now shoot LH / Left Eye / RH Bolt or port almost exclusively.
Still shoot pistol RH / Left eye, which looks wonky AF.
I shoot my RH bow left handed / left eyed. Both eyes open, and practice on a 30 yard target in my back yard.

Like Andy I am left hand-right eye dominant. I have shot bows both left and right. My recurve is left and I shoot instinctive so its fine--both eyes open. I shot a left compound for years due to a right shoulder dislocation-rotator cuff tear injury but I am back to shooting a right compound bow again yet at a lower poundage, 62# so my range is shorter. If you want power and longer yardage shoot your dominant hand side. For accuracy and probably a better field of vision, shoot on your dominant eye side.

I have always shot guns right-right. For me I shoot better on my dominant right eye side, bow or gun, because I see better. Vision triumphs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top