JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that I'm using ARCA on one, I really don't want to use picattiny anymore!

Looking to put one on an AR.

Anyone have a longer section on an AR?

Looking into products, any that have already done this I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you got for it and why or what use it's for.

My main use would be for bipod universal mounting. That and the ability to use my competition stuff on another rifle. I like the whole length one on one of my chassis's m so I'm uncertain about a small section just for the bipod mount.

9DBC5D93-4340-4B87-8711-278E5EADDA26.jpeg

In the same boat. I went with a new geissele forend with ARCA rail machined in the full length. Also looked at Area419 rails, Magpul and one other company. Really like the Magpul option as it had the lowest profile.

In the same boat. I went with a new geissele forend with ARCA rail machined in the full length. Also looked at Area419 rails, Magpul and one other company. Really like the Magpul option as it had the lowest profile.
I ordered this off Amazon to bolt to the bottom. It might look funny, but it should work.
1669136901451.jpeg

Have you started looking at solutions yet to adapt sling studs on your rifles to add an ARCA rail? Few companies out there making adapters. Wish I would have found ARCA sooner before I went down the road as far as I did with Picatinny. Been converting over bipod's, tripod's, binoculars, spotting scopes, etc...

Have you started looking at solutions yet to adapt sling studs on your rifles to add an ARCA rail? Few companies out there making adapters. Wish I would have found ARCA sooner before I went down the road as far as I did with Picatinny. Been converting over bipod's, tripod's, binoculars, spotting scopes, etc...
Other than the 527 which is the 1st with ARCA, but it's a chassis with it milled into it, the only other one I'd do is in an MDT chassis and I'd likely just buy their full kit for it.

For regular stocks, there are a few out there that adapt to swing swivels, but id likely still need to drill some holes as I'd want the whole forend in it.

There is another option if you don't want to ARCA all things. You can pick up one of the dual platform mounts that does both ARCA and Picatinny in a single device. I think Leofoto makes a knock off of the RRS version: https://rrssoar.com/sc-arc

Have you started going down the tripod rabbit hole yet?
Nope. I know it's coming though.

Not an adaptor, but Sgt of Arms makes AR-15 and AR-308 handguards with a full length ARCA-Swiss/RRS bottom rail. They're designed as a direct fit on the Aero Enhanced uppers, but will work with standard uppers when you option the BAR type barrel nut.
c4d59b_b434de0328214fb388bffa96c8a15804~mv2.webp

Ok looked at a handful of integrated ARCA AR rails. While I'm not mad I got a 20" rail for the one pictured above, next sort of thing will be put together with one of those instead.

Now that I'm using ARCA on one, I really don't want to use picattiny anymore!

Looking to put one on an AR.

Anyone have a longer section on an AR?

Looking into products, any that have already done this I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you got for it and why or what use it's for.

My main use would be for bipod universal mounting. That and the ability to use my competition stuff on another rifle. I like the whole length one on one of my chassis's m so I'm uncertain about a small section just for the bipod mount.

View attachment 1315538
Any rifle that you would put a bipod under is game for an Arca rail. More and more there are new accessories for an ARCA rail.. Allows you to use fewer bipods. Its easy to slide one off of one rifle and onto another.

Not an adaptor, but Sgt of Arms makes AR-15 and AR-308 handguards with a full length ARCA-Swiss/RRS bottom rail. They're designed as a direct fit on the Aero Enhanced uppers, but will work with standard uppers when you option the BAR type barrel nut.
c4d59b_b434de0328214fb388bffa96c8a15804~mv2.webp
The integrated rail is a great way to go since it lowers the profile and gets those edges tucked in closer which results in better comfort when gripping the forend. Also one less piece of kit to worry about coming loose.

I was looking at a Geissele MK18 the other day, if they come up for sale for Black Friday I might have to jump on one.

What are you guys/gals recommending/using to convert an existing M-Lok handguard to ACRA?

I was looking at a Geissele MK18 the other day, if they come up for sale for Black Friday I might have to jump on one.

What are you guys/gals recommending/using to convert an existing M-Lok handguard to ACRA?
Well my first recommendation is to go with the Geissele MK18 which is the route I went and have 0 regrets. I picked mine up at Primary arms for 20% off and free shipping about a month ago. I fully expect you should be able to meet or beat that price over black Friday/Cyber Monday. If you go the M-lock attachment route, I really like the Magpul rail due to its lower profile. The AREA419 rails are nice also. Lots of good options out there for M-lok attachment though but the key thing I would look for is the height of the rail, meaning how much additional height does it create for your existing handguard when mounted. The less the height of the rail the better in my experience. It provides for a better grip on the forend and keeps those angular edges better tucked in against the forend instead of sticking out and digging into your hand.

Well my first recommendation is to go with the Geissele MK18 which is the route I went and have 0 regrets. I picked mine up at Primary arms for 20% off and free shipping about a month ago. I fully expect you should be able to meet or beat that price over black Friday/Cyber Monday. If you go the M-lock attachment route, I really like the Magpul rail due to its lower profile. The AREA419 rails are nice also. Lots of good options out there for M-lok attachment though but the key thing I would look for is the height of the rail, meaning how much additional height does it create for your existing handguard when mounted. The less the height of the rail the better in my experience. It provides for a better grip on the forend and keeps those angular edges better tucked in against the forend instead of sticking out and digging into your hand.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll definitely get an MK18 for the build I'm thinking of, but I also have an existing SPR'ish build I'd like add ARCA rail to the handguard in the interim.

MDT launched their sale some time yesterday. Was able to pick up a n ARCA for the chassis I've got and a few mags for a lot less tha normal.

There is another option if you don't want to ARCA all things. You can pick up one of the dual platform mounts that does both ARCA and Picatinny in a single device. I think Leofoto makes a knock off of the RRS version: https://rrssoar.com/sc-arc

Have you started going down the tripod rabbit hole yet?
I have my Atlas bipods set up with these. Work great.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews