JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never been a big fan of Arby's, but that may soon change...............

Arby's Is Bringing Back This Popular Sandwich
image.jpg

Fortune said:
Arby's is bringing back its limited edition venison sandwich, and this time it's going to be available nationwide.

The special offering was only available in five locations last year that the chain described as "hunting-centric." The stores sold out of the sandwich within hours of its launch, according to Arby's. The meal features a thick-cut venison steak with onions and juniper berry sauce.

Elk sandwich also...........?

Fortune said:
The chain is also launching a new elk sandwich, which rolls out Oct. 21 as well, and will be available at three locations only — one each in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

Ray

I haven't eaten at Arby's in several years. I do get their bags of ice at the drive thru though, it's very convenient.
If they bring elk, venison, whale mcnuggets or dolphin sushi though, I'm there.

I am kind of shocked they would try this. An amazing amount of the public does not have a problem with beef but acts like anything else is someone eating pets. I would think this would cause all kinds of problems these days. I take it there must now be farm raised venison too for them to be able to get enough of it to go nationwide with this. Kind of surprised there is not some facebook pages showing the deer being lined up to slaughter. An amazing number of people here really don't fathom that the meat in the grocer does not just magically appear in those little packages. I will have to try one of these here though if they show up. My Wife will of course not be happy. She is one of those people who refuses to eat any meat other than Beef. I have tried a few times and she flat out refuses to even try. I finally gave up trying to get her to get over it and try it.
Years ago we bought some chickens for fresh eggs. One of them was missed at sorting and turned out to be a Rooster. I told her it was going to have to go. She insisted she could "train it" to not wake up the neighbors. I tried to hide my laughter but told her go for it. Of course as soon as he matured he started in before sun up. After a few morning I said "are you done?" She gave me the go ahead. I just walked out with my Asp and broke his neck. She asked me what I was going to do with him. I said eat him of course. He was nice and well fat on grain. She freaked out and said she would not eat that. The ones from the store were fine of course. It's the damnedest thing to watch this from people. Threw away a perfectly good chicken to go to the store and buy one. :confused:

I am kind of shocked they would try this. An amazing amount of the public does not have a problem with beef but acts like anything else is someone eating pets. I would think this would cause all kinds of problems these days. I take it there must now be farm raised venison too for them to be able to get enough of it to go nationwide with this. Kind of surprised there is not some facebook pages showing the deer being lined up to slaughter. An amazing number of people here really don't fathom that the meat in the grocer does not just magically appear in those little packages. I will have to try one of these here though if they show up. My Wife will of course not be happy. She is one of those people who refuses to eat any meat other than Beef. I have tried a few times and she flat out refuses to even try. I finally gave up trying to get her to get over it and try it.
Years ago we bought some chickens for fresh eggs. One of them was missed at sorting and turned out to be a Rooster. I told her it was going to have to go. She insisted she could "train it" to not wake up the neighbors. I tried to hide my laughter but told her go for it. Of course as soon as he matured he started in before sun up. After a few morning I said "are you done?" She gave me the go ahead. I just walked out with my Asp and broke his neck. She asked me what I was going to do with him. I said eat him of course. He was nice and well fat on grain. She freaked out and said she would not eat that. The ones from the store were fine of course. It's the damnedest thing to watch this from people. Threw away a perfectly good chicken to go to the store and buy one. :confused:

Show her a few documentaries on how animals (especially cows) are processed and she may go vegan and you can have her share of the meat:D:rolleyes:

That's what turned my daughter 8 years ago. More meat for me :p

I said eat him of course. He was nice and well fat on grain. She freaked out and said she would not eat that. The ones from the store were fine of course. It's the damnedest thing to watch this from people. Threw away a perfectly good chicken to go to the store and buy one. :confused:
:s0113:

I would have cooked him myself and ate him, all the time commenting on how good he tasted.

If Arby's brings elk here I will go for it, but I just do not care for venison. I very much doubt they will bring it here - I would expect protestors from Portlandia if they do.

There is a restaurant (or was) in Portland that specializes in game meats in meals. If I understand it correctly, to sell game meat commercially in the USA it has to be farm raised?

:s0113:

I would have cooked him myself and ate him, all the time commenting on how good he tasted.

If Arby's brings elk here I will go for it, but I just do not care for venison. I very much doubt they will bring it here - I would expect protestors from Portlandia if they do.

There is a restaurant (or was) in Portland that specializes in game meats in meals. If I understand it correctly, to sell game meat commercially in the USA it has to be farm raised?

I would think that yes it would have to be some kind of farm raised as it would have to be USDA inspected. I would also fully expect all kinds of protests in any of the larger, very left cities as soon as they heard about it. People screaming they were eating Bambi and such.

They came out with this the same time last year and it sold out.
I totally missed that. Were they doing it in the big cities? It shocks me they did it without a huge bunch of screaming. I guess I just don't pay attention as I almost never eat any fast food. As I have gotten older the stuff seems to just get worse. I have to have been at least a full day with noting to eat to even start looking at fast food. I do love those damn apple pies at McD's though. Way too much for my own good. Fortunately they seem to often be out of them when I stop to check which keeps me from doing it often. When I buy some though I can eat 3 or 4 of them in one sitting like nothing. Don't know why the hell they taste so good to me when everything else in the place is blah to me.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews