JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was said in the beginning there were theft/burglaries in the area. That makes victims. My main point is we don't know for sure what was in those men's hearts. Unless you consider yourself some kind of clairvoyant? That'd be a good trick.
Alot of assumptions being made. Seems to be the trend these days. And like you said, these guys deserve to be locked up. I'm just super tired of all the constant "everything is racist" garbage.

It seems that McMichael calling the deceased a "f**king n****r" after shooting him gives plenty of insight into the racist mindset and into (at least) that man's heart. Right? Right?!? @slimmer13 you said earlier "maybe I missed the evidence of racism," and then when I linked to a story about the courtroom testimony that described this use of a racist slur directly in the context of this murder, you seem to have chosen to ignore it in all of your subsequent responses and instead continue to refer to "assumptions being made." I am not one to believe that "everything is racist," but this DOES make it seem patently racist.

It seems that McMichael calling the deceased a "f**king n****r" after shooting him gives plenty of insight into the racist mindset and into (at least) that man's heart. Right? Right?!? @slimmer13 you said earlier "maybe I missed the evidence of racism," and then when I linked to a story about the courtroom testimony that described this use of a racist slur directly in the context of this murder, you seem to have chosen to ignore it in all of your subsequent responses and instead continue to refer to "assumptions being made." I am not one to believe that "everything is racist," but this DOES make it seem patently racist.
Is there a video? Was Brian trying to work a deal? Now a convicted murderers word is gold? Weak.

Maybe it was racially motivated, I just haven't seen enough to come to that definitive conclusion.

Having lived in the south for several years in the late 90's/early 00's, coming from the northeast, two things were blatantly apparent to me:

1) there's a percentage of the native southern population that still hadn't let go of losing the Civil War

2) racism was alive, well and very healthy. The further from major metropolitan areas the stronger, more severe and more dangerous that racism became

As a "northerner" I wasn't readily accepted nor welcomed everywhere. Parts of the south are living time capsules…. Just this ole guys personal experience…
I was stationed in North Carolina in '77-'78. I never heard racist talk from the locals, who were very friendly and whom I enjoyed very much.... but the blacks I met had a lot to say that racism was prominent, they were scared, and they still rode in the back of the bus, refused to come into my house, and were deferential to whites. I didn't actually witness white folks being racist, so IDK.

FWIW, I still love the South, and most Southerners, esp as compared to many NE folk (NOT you Catherine1). And I resent the bigotry of grouping them as a whole as "hillbillies" or "rednecks".

That may be true of some Southern folk. The McMichaels remind me of the tales of Southern Sheriffs and how law was dispensed with total authority as well as at the whim.

My daughter and her family live in Arkansas after moving from the hellhole that Santa Ana and Bueno Park have become. Everybody there was very nice and welcoming. Hardly "hillbillies" or "rednecks" as one would expect of cliche Arkansas.

Is there a video? Was Brian trying to work a deal? Now a convicted murderers word is gold? Weak.

Maybe it was racially motivated, I just haven't seen enough to come to that definitive conclusion.

Well the feds seem to think they have enough evidence since they go on trial for federal hate crime in February. Kind of a moot point with the life sentences but they claim they have even more evidence that shows it was racially motivated. 3 white guys chase down an unarmed black man and kill him. With zero authority. It seems fairly obvious to me. Again, just my opinion.

Well the feds seem to think they have enough evidence since they go on trial for federal hate crime in February. Kind of a moot point with the life sentences but they claim they have even more evidence that shows it was racially motivated. 3 white guys chase down an unarmed black man and kill him. With zero authority. It seems fairly obvious to me. Again, just my opinion.
Kyle Rittenhouse

Kyle Rittenhouse

He's white and shot white people. I don't get your reference. It really doesn't matter, they were convicted and sentenced. Anything else at this point is irrelevant and I'm sorry I'm even still talking about it.

He's white and shot white people. I don't get your reference. It really doesn't matter, they were convicted and sentenced. Anything else at this point is irrelevant and I'm sorry I'm even still talking about it.

You don't get the reference? You don't remember the POTUS among many other members of the federal government along with the media making baseless claims that he was a racist?

I'm not twisting your arm if you don't want to talk about it.

You don't get the reference? You don't remember the POTUS among many other members of the federal government along with the media making baseless claims that he was a racist?

I'm not twisting your arm if you don't want to talk about it.

I do, but not an apples to apples comparison for the reason I already posted. And yeah man, I'm good. Everyone has their opinions, and none of it matters really. I'm going to enjoy this nice weather and move along from this topic. :)

I've heard someone say the problem is that some people can't see legitimate racism, and others see racism in everything.
I don't want to run this off the rails but I want to add something about racism. So maybe this is not the case surrounding the Arbery incident but more so an observation here in the PNW. The problem with racism seems to be fueled by Caucasian progressives or flaming liberals accusing other Caucasians of being racist. Every time I drive by a BLM protest or turn on the TV their isn't a black person in sight except for maybe the field reporter from the new stations. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Apparently there is enough evidence to cause federal hate crime charges of racism. But for those who need more evidence, it was established in the trial that there were several other people who visited the house under construction. Of all the video evidence only one of them positively identified Aubury. Funny how the McMicheals didnt chase after any of others.

My personal opinion is this was 100% racially motivated. Those good ol' boys went vigilante against a black person in their neighborhood. The evidence is overwhelming. I think trying to argue this wasn't a hate crime is really reaching.
Hard not to see a racial motivation but I do not see the point of a hate crime trial for a couple of dudes who are serving life without parole - if convicted do their corpses get 10 years in federal prison? I get the performative nature of it all but that's about it.

Hard not to see a racial motivation but I do not see the point of a hate crime trial for a couple of dudes who are serving life without parole - if convicted do their corpses get 10 years in federal prison? I get the performative nature of it all but that's about it.
Moved to a smaller cell without a view. And no fish on Fridays.

Good question. These guys deserved, AT LEAST, the sentences they got. But going after a hate crime now? Makes me think of the Trump impeachment(s) witch-hunt. TWICE!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews