JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A while back I was looking into rear sling attachment options for my Colt 6920. The QD receiver end plates seemed to be popular, so I picked up one of these Noveske plates. Being a self-admitted noob when it comes to AR's, I didn't know how these were installed, and I certainly didn't know about the very well-staked castle nut I encountered. I've seen videos of people breaking the stake with their armorers wrench, but this thing wasn't budging. Impressed with the factory Colt staking, I decided to leave it for the time being. To be honest I'm not sure how much I want to modify this factory rifle, even with something as simple as this. I have a Magpul CTR stock on the rifle which has a QD receptacle, but I think that might not work well for a single point sling. Not that I'll be using a single point, as I'm clearly not high-speed, but I like to have options :D

Which other sling attachment options have you guys used and preferred for the rear of the AR15?

I personally like the two point slings. I like them because I can wrap my arm around them to steady the rifle. Having said that, I use single points on my pistols, so as with most answers, I guess "it depends".

As to the attachment points, it also depends. Do you have a rail, sling attachment points on the front, or just a front sight post. They make one for just about every AR configuration out there.

I use a magpul quick detract sling with magpul stock and a rail that accepts QD. This way I can use the same sling on a variety of rifles/shotguns as they all accept QD slings. I would not remove the stakes at this time. I would use the 2 point for a while to see how it works for you. You don't want to modify your 6920 unless you have to. (I have a 6940 with those dumb bubblegum stakes).

IMG_4081.JPG IMG_4080.JPG I've tried a bunch, I settled on the Magpul ASAP end plate with the Magpul MS2 & MS3 slings. IMG_4079.JPG

Last Edited:
Joe, its not that hard to switch out the plates! I use a MagPul QD on my little S&W carbine. Try to use a pin punch to GENTLY tap the stake's height down a bit and try the wrench again. :)

Joe,

I use a Tango Down carbine sling mount. It bolts over the buffer tube and works pretty darn well. The only downside is that a collapsible stock won't fully close but I haven't found this to be a problem as my weapon still fits in the case.

070216%2006_zpsjmhcsqfw.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads