JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A while back I was looking into rear sling attachment options for my Colt 6920. The QD receiver end plates seemed to be popular, so I picked up one of these Noveske plates. Being a self-admitted noob when it comes to AR's, I didn't know how these were installed, and I certainly didn't know about the very well-staked castle nut I encountered. I've seen videos of people breaking the stake with their armorers wrench, but this thing wasn't budging. Impressed with the factory Colt staking, I decided to leave it for the time being. To be honest I'm not sure how much I want to modify this factory rifle, even with something as simple as this. I have a Magpul CTR stock on the rifle which has a QD receptacle, but I think that might not work well for a single point sling. Not that I'll be using a single point, as I'm clearly not high-speed, but I like to have options :D

Which other sling attachment options have you guys used and preferred for the rear of the AR15?

I personally like the two point slings. I like them because I can wrap my arm around them to steady the rifle. Having said that, I use single points on my pistols, so as with most answers, I guess "it depends".

As to the attachment points, it also depends. Do you have a rail, sling attachment points on the front, or just a front sight post. They make one for just about every AR configuration out there.

I use a magpul quick detract sling with magpul stock and a rail that accepts QD. This way I can use the same sling on a variety of rifles/shotguns as they all accept QD slings. I would not remove the stakes at this time. I would use the 2 point for a while to see how it works for you. You don't want to modify your 6920 unless you have to. (I have a 6940 with those dumb bubblegum stakes).

IMG_4081.JPG IMG_4080.JPG I've tried a bunch, I settled on the Magpul ASAP end plate with the Magpul MS2 & MS3 slings. IMG_4079.JPG

Last Edited:
Joe, its not that hard to switch out the plates! I use a MagPul QD on my little S&W carbine. Try to use a pin punch to GENTLY tap the stake's height down a bit and try the wrench again. :)

Joe,

I use a Tango Down carbine sling mount. It bolts over the buffer tube and works pretty darn well. The only downside is that a collapsible stock won't fully close but I haven't found this to be a problem as my weapon still fits in the case.

070216%2006_zpsjmhcsqfw.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads