JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you spend the time to prefect your technique, bump fire is more efficient. All this is, is a spring assist bump fire. These spring loaded trigger assist things have been around since the early 90's. The first ones were called "Hellfire".

I had one of these for years and recently sold it in favor of the Slide Fire stock. These are fun for a while but they cannot be fired from the shoulder as a buffeting motion of the gun is required for bump fire. That means you must "John Wayne it" from the hip. My first time out with the slide fire I ripped out 20 rounds with no problem.

The Slide fire stock is quite a bit more money but allows the gun to buffet in the shoulder stock, thereby enabling shouldered bump fire. One nice thing about the Slide Fire is that they appear to be a normal stock and can be locked in the fixed position for normal function. With the Slide Fire you rest your trigger finger on a shelf and pull the gun forward to fire. Your arm acts as the spring so getting the force right is critical. A gun equipped with a short reset trigger or with a lighter spring will be easier to bump fire.

This is me entertaining myself at a gravel pit (note uncontrolled grinning)

[video=youtube_share;LpxLoq_jfxo]http://youtu.be/LpxLoq_jfxo[/video]

I have a Geissele super 3 gun trigger on my Noveske. It's so light and fast to reset that it sounds full auto.
I watched a guy shoot 12 rounds in 1.9 seconds with one and another shoot a 40 round mag dry in 6.7 seconds.
I love that trigger, it's light though and will double tap on you if you're not careful.

Then it is too light IMO
It is dependent on how the trigger is applied. If you are shooting from the bench you are most likely going the feather the trigger, if you are not holding the rifle tight to your shoulder you can easily bump fire. If however you are using the trigger as designed and fully and quickly pulling the trigger as you would in combat or three gun then you will not bump. Since I am using mine on my target rifle I put the three pound spring in the drawer in favor of the 4-1/2.

It is dependent on how the trigger is applied. If you are shooting from the bench you are most likely going the feather the trigger, if you are not holding the rifle tight to your shoulder you can easily bump fire. If however you are using the trigger as designed and fully and quickly pulling the trigger as you would in combat or three gun then you will not bump. Since I am using mine on my target rifle I put the three pound spring in the drawer in favor of the 4-1/2.

That's correct! If you are using the 3 gun trigger for 3 gun comp then you want speed and don't fully reset, this could bump fire but on the bench or shooting normal then it is just the lightest most crisp trigger you have ever felt with no danger of a bumpfire. I put the 3lb spring in mine too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top