JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys I'm looking for a new sling for my 10.5" AR pistol build. Currently I have a Troy one point battle sling but I rarely use it on the rifle. I have a VTac dual point sling on my 18" rifle and I absolutely love it! I'm not sure if I would be able to cut enough off of a VTac to make it work on such a short rifle. What slings do you guys recommend for pistol builds

C7DB3A01-C972-43DC-A83B-AE0D4088DE4F.jpeg

I'm in your situation currently.
Stay away from Magpul 2pt. I have a non-padded single pt and I don't like that either.
I think a single-point/bungee would be ideal. Don't have one, yet. My problem is where the best attach point is, I think forward (on) the upper to where it maintains barrel down. I'm just talking out loud.
Edit - More thinking.
I think ideally the best placement is hanging, center chest, short movement to be in the ready. But what? All new to me these things and slings.

BTW, how do you like that KV muzzle contraption?

Last Edited:
I'm in your situation currently.
Stay away from Magpul 2pt. I have a non-padded single pt and I don't like that either.
I think a single-point/bungee would be ideal. Don't have one, yet. My problem is where the best attach point is, I think forward (on) the upper to where it maintains barrel down. I'm just talking out loud.
Yea right now my Troy attaches right behind the receiver. My only problem is when I'm moving a lot and practicing transitions from rifle to pistol I get whacked in the junk every time. With my dual point on my long gun I never have an issue and the gun always lands/stays where I want it.

That's the thing, they can't be flopping. It may be a given characteristic. I doubt it.
I've seen sling configurations on guns in reviews that looked like they served the purpose well.
The type of config that you basically "put on"

I have an AK sling I'll try. The sling off the Chipmunk .22 never worked out.

The MS4 slings, I have a few.
Personally, I think there's way too much tupperware on their slings to make them ideal.

I have an AK sling I'll try. The sling off the Chipmunk .22 never worked out.

The MS4 slings, I have a few.
Personally, I think there's way too much tupperware on their slings to make them ideal.

I agree as the Gen.1 is Tupperware, but the Gen.2 (above, and in the below photos) is all metal hardware. Slings and kit is quite subjective and can be hard to visualize the concepts.

And now, VERY rare selfies of Stomper showing off his goods. (Hope it helps kindle ideas for upgrades!(

High side off-hand:
3ACDDA21-4841-4EEF-B1A4-DDEB8171C09A.jpeg

High side strong side:
DBE7C0E2-5FC7-4009-A6E2-412158530D99.jpeg

Quick to transition between the two and at the ready:
893E925B-9A65-4E65-B35E-B158AE830B0F.jpeg

I replaced the front swivel with a QD (no swivel rattle either)
3F81B459-F58C-468C-AFDB-400820D8B81F.jpeg

Push of a QD button and two-point carry:
24CC2E12-7896-474C-B6B2-FF00DA654AFC.jpeg 674B1ED2-1DA2-45E1-953A-F7FBC74DFFB7.jpeg

How I stow it in the safe for ready access and rapid deployment:
A74309E7-5059-4150-A6C3-82F7033A43F1.jpeg

I like the Magpul slings due to the configurations they "can" achieve.
I might maybe look into the older gen you display here. Same, just metal as you noted.
There's a LOT less bulk using steel hardware than polymer. Looks good.
Thanks for posting the pics..........Poser:p

I like these.... you have the option of 1-point and 2-point attachment, with quick transitions and no rattling. I have found bungees to be too "bouncy" during anything more than normal walking.

View attachment 590527
View attachment 590526

I don't have an AR pistol yet but I have a few of these for my AR rifles so I can user either a single port, or dual point. Very nice sling.

Last Edited:
The AK sling (for my CMMG Banshee Pistol) works about perfect.
@Boboclown, thanks for suggesting it.
I'll order a split Tri-Glide, and be golden.

The front attach point is a SIG
Sig-Low-Profile.jpg

Last Edited:
Blue fource gear is a great sling! I use the magpul ms3 for my ar pistol works the best for my needs! Remember guys the single point sling was designed as a sick joke by angry feminists to hit you in the junk everytime

Single point slings excel in the "assaulter" role, but are pretty useless beyond that. When properly set up they should allow the weapon to fall to the opposite side of your pistol and not banging your balls.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top