Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR Muzzle Devices

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by whiskey00buck, Mar 18, 2014.

1. whiskey00buck

whiskey00buck Seattle New Member

Any thoughts on AR muzzle devices? I've been thinking about the Troy Claymore. Anybody have a personal favorite?

Edit for context: I've got a 3 port muzzle brake on my AR at the moment and while it looks great, I feel like an bubblegum hole at the range blasting shooters sitting on either side. I love the concept a muzzle brake but would like to find something a little more "friendly".

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

what length are you at now?

3. whiskey00buck

whiskey00buck Seattle New Member

14.5" with a 1.6" 3 port muzzle brake at the moment so a little over 16".

I'm getting rid of the muzzle in favor of a different one

4. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Just remember to be counted for length it has to be permanently attached, http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-2.pdf

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and measured.

6. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

what Nwcid said, it need to be permanently attached.

my vote goes to battlecomp 1.5:

7. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

My buddy has one of the Battlecomps........though I've got a Surefire, an AAC and a Noveske, if you want recoil control/the darn finest brake I've ever seen, the Battlecomp is truly it....or until I find something else that's better.