JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe I'm an Idiot, I bought a Sig Sauer M400 and it has a front barrel guard, I have a tool to hole the
round ring down but I can not seem to get it to come into (at least that is what I thought it should do) I want
to put some hardware on the bottom of it but need it off, guys I'm a first time owner of an AR and don't
really know anything about it so be gentle

That is sometimes a 2 person job. Set your wrench to pull down the delta ring sometimes with a first time removal it can be hard to push down all the way. While holding it down hard have the second person pry them apart. You should be able to get them apart by hand.

Yeah, those delta-rings can be pretty stiff and a PITA to deal with. If you think that the tapered (slightly conical) ring is tough, you should try the old A-1 straight-side rings with the L/R "tri-angle" hand guards... SLIPPERY!

Jasparseed, do yourself a BIG favour and go to YouTube and do a search for "AR-15 hand guard removal". There are helpful videos for every size, shape, and configuration of hand guard removals, upgrades, and modifications that you can zero in on for you specific kit. It'll be much better than trying to interpret anonymous guys trying to interpret what you are saying without actually seeing what your dealing with.

Hope that helps! :)

Yeah, those delta-rings can be pretty stiff and a PITA to deal with. If you think that the tapered (slightly conical) ring is tough, you should try the old A-1 straight-side rings with the L/R "tri-angle" hand guards... SLIPPERY!

Jasparseed, do yourself a BIG favour and go to YouTube and do a search for "AR-15 hand guard removal". There are helpful videos of every size, shape, and configuration hand guard removals, upgrades, and modifications that you can zero in on for you specific kit. It'll be much better than trying to interpret anonymous guys trying to interpret what you are saying without actually seeing what your dealing with.

Hope that helps! :)
Very valid points. You tube has videos of almost any kind of firearms repair and disassembly

You don't need any tools if you're stubborn enough. :D After you've removed the forend one time, it loosens up a bit and will be lot easier to retract the next time. The delta ring spring is really strong so it needs to be muscled around and wiggled a bit to get it all the way back the first time. You may have to spend a few minutes persuading it. Once you've got the delta ring fully retracted, you may be tempted to pry the halves of the forend apart with a screwdriver, but you risk marring it. I've found that a good smack or two with the heal of your hand at the seam of a standard forend will part them if they're being stubborn. And of course the ring may not want to go all the way forward when you reassemble the gun. If so it's the same deal as before - wiggle it around, retract it a few times, muscle it up into position and smack the forend once or twice. I've also found that a few judiciously applied expletives will greatly enhance the experience. ;) If partway through you notice a slight dampness on your forehead, it's really fairly normal: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flopsweat

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads