JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking at buying a new RRA ar-15 that has a front sight but I like the style without. Wondering if someone can explain the difference and/or if its possible to change it. Here are couple pics for an example

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1367255462141.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367255476839.jpg

Last Edited:
It's just a different gas block. The gas block in the first picture is the front sight. The second it's the railed piece at the end. I don't know how difficult it is to switch them out, but it's just swapping out one part for another.

A2 FSB (1st one) should be drilled/pinned. The "issue" you'll have swapping to a lo-profile gb is you most likely will not be able to re-use the taper pin holes and will be going with a set-screw or clamp design. Set-screw with the barrel dimpled seems to be the slightly preferred.
Driving out the FSB pins is not a tough job, but if they're installed right they will take some solid hits to get out. This means keeping the barrel/upper secure.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top