Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

AR flat top comparison

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Glock23gp, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

Im looking at buying a new RRA ar-15 that has a front sight but I like the style without. Wondering if someone can explain the difference and/or if its possible to change it. Here are couple pics for an example

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1367255462141.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367255476839.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. hatchj

hatchj Milwaukie, OR Member

It's just a different gas block. The gas block in the first picture is the front sight. The second it's the railed piece at the end. I don't know how difficult it is to switch them out, but it's just swapping out one part for another.

3. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

A2 FSB (1st one) should be drilled/pinned. The "issue" you'll have swapping to a lo-profile gb is you most likely will not be able to re-use the taper pin holes and will be going with a set-screw or clamp design. Set-screw with the barrel dimpled seems to be the slightly preferred.
    Driving out the FSB pins is not a tough job, but if they're installed right they will take some solid hits to get out. This means keeping the barrel/upper secure.