JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any opinions on building an AR pistol in a 9mm platform that accepts Glock mags? I see a few pics and have looked at the TNW versions but would like some advice on a route to go. Would be throwing a stabilizer brace on it as well. I think it would be a great shooter and fun. Thoughts?

Olympic Arms.
They only make complete AR rifles in 9x19mm and .40S&W.

Lone Wolf Distributors.
It is a copy of the Olympic Arms AR Glock,
They only sell complete AR rifles and pistols in 9x19mm.
They also sell the reciever (stripped, complete pistol & complete rifle) by itself. Reciever is marked multi-cal and can accept any 9x19mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45GAP magazine.

MGI.
They sell both complete ARs and seperate magwells for use in their modular AR reciever.
They sell complete AR rifles in 9x19mm, .40S&W and .45ACP.
They sell seperate magwells for .45ACP/10x25mm and for 9x19mm/.357SIG/.40S&W/.45GAP.

<broken link removed>

Why OA over colt, that is easy. Mag compatibility. Colt uses $$$ Colt mags or converted Uzi mags, that are only used in Colt and Uzi. OA uses common, readily available mags that can also be used in other guns, including your "companion" handgun......

I have an OA "build" with an integral silencer. It is great fun and totally worthwhile in my opinion. Mine effectively ended up with about a 6.5" barrel, but is still way more accurate then any hand gun. If you are planning on going to a full 16" gun it is amazing what 9mm can actually do out of a real barrel.

DSC_0010.jpg

Stag arms now makes 9mm in left and right hand versions. They sell 10, 20 and 32 round magazines, Look for the model 9 on this <broken link removed>

http://www.qcircle10.com/ took over for DDLES (Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply) they sell glock ar lowers on gunbroker.com at the moment though they maybe out since they had 30 lowers for sale two weeks ago and now they arent listing any.

Primary industries here http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=441417369 can make you any caliber bolt and barrel for you for glock lowers. Currently Im about to receive a 40SW 7.5 inch barrel AR Complete Upper with 40SW Bolt from them. When I get the weapon build done Ill post the after pics.

o_O

Maybe just me, but I'm kinda a fan of high quality built factory guns; they seem to work best. Things like the Colt also have good re-sale if that is a concern. Don't get out to shoot as much nowadays as just a few years ago, but parts guns like the Olympic and conversions like the Mech Tech seem to choke quite a bit (disclaimer here, I've only been around maybe a dozen of each in things like Speed Steel matches, but they never seem to be 100%). Odd (to me anyway) the little Hi-Point was mentioned by jbett98... I kinda think they're ugly, but they work! They seem to run just fine, they seem to be very accurate and they are inexpensive. I drink the Kool-Aid though and will probably never change; Colt builds great stuff that can be had right now at a very reasonable cost (relative), magazines aren't inexpensive, but then again the guns just run. I do wish mine had a flat-top M4/A4 type receiver.

401102398s_zpsfec4ca1f.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads